Be an OCD-UK Stamp Collector

Running OCD-UK costs approx 70k a year in our existing state, with more staff planned that figure will double in 2 or 3 years.

So as you can imagine, every single penny really helps, it soon mounts up. Another way we have identified to bring money into the charity is by selling our old, used stamps (see pic).

Most people throw these away on their opened envelopes anyway, so if you can, just rip the stamp off the envelope, pop it into a bag and then send them to us once you have a bag full.

OCD-UK as a registered charity can get £3-£6 per kilo and over the course of a year if we all save out stamps this will soon mount up.

For now, hold on to them and contact me for details of where to send the stamps, I am looking for someone to be willing to have bags of stamps sent to them and collate on our behalf.

post-1-1142281788_thumb.jpg

Guest Dragonfruit

For now, hold on to them and contact me for details of where to send the stamps, I am looking for someone to be willing to have bags of stamps sent to them and collate on our behalf.

Consider me volunteering :original:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

When I was in Aus, my mum-in-law gave me a bag of used stamps for my Dad (as he collects them).

There are a lot of doubles...will these be any good to send through ie as they're foreign not because they're doubles?

whitebeam

PS Not too sure where to send them....please can you remind me?

Edited by whitebeam
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick thank you to everyone that keeps sending stamps, although I want to write and thank everyone that sends them, this is not possible so please all accept this message as one big huge thank you :)

I'm still collecting ashley, but i want to keep them all for myself! :lol: :doh: i wont tho, they will be on their way to you as soon as i get enough that amounts to a bit something, they are so small! :haha:

I'm still collecting ashley, but i want to keep them all for myself! :lol: :doh:

This is stamps we are talking about, not chocolate bars :lol: But yeah, just save them over time and evenif you only send a batch once a year it all helps :)

I know, well i'll hoard anything! :doh: They are so pretty too.. they come in different colours and have stamp marks on them, :a1_cheesygrin:

.....I think i should stop now, before u all think i'm barking! :blushing: :haha:

:whistling: