What great support you offer!

Guest andrea78

Guest andrea78

My fiance has OCD, he was diagnosed about 3 years ago, but i had known for along time prior to this that he had OCD based on my own research and reading about his compulsions.

This forum is so helpful, reading about others in similar situations is so reassuring and its so good to feel that you're not alone.

I feel that i support him whilst being strong at the same time. Although we are very happy and can talk openly about everything in our relationship i know that there are many things 'OCD' that he cant talk about. He feels embarrased and ashamed i just remind him that whenevers he's ready he can talk.

Only me and two others know of his OCD. One is his work colleague and good friend which helps tremendously if he's having a bad spell and can't control it at work. Some times are worse than others and he seems to explode every now and again and then it eases off and comes back with a vengence.

I am going to try and get us to a support meeting 'west midlands' but i think reading messages on here will be the first step.

Take care x

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the boards! I'm glad you find this forum useful. It's great that your fiance has your support and understanding. Has he looked on here himself or do you think he might be reluctant to? I am sure he would find it very helpful too.

Please feel free to post any time. There are many sufferers and relatives/friends of sufferers on here and we are a very supportive community.

Take care,

Rach x

Hi Andrea, welcome! :original:

I felt one of the most difficult things to face when my son was diagnosed was the feeling of isolation, that no one understood.

This place changed that. Everyone is very friendly and supportive.

I hope the forums are just as helpful to you.

You sound like a very supportive partner. Nice to "meet" you and good luck with the support group. :welcome:

Deb

Guest bluebird

Andrea78,

I have just read your post and you sound like a very caring and understanding person, and I’m sure your Fiancé appreciates all you do for him, you have come to the right place for assistance and advice, many people on here are only to willing to give and talk about how they handle the bad and good days. I would just like to say its good having you on here, and I’m sure you will be an asset to this site.

Bluebird.

:original:

Guest andrea78

Andrea78,

I have just read your post and you sound like a very caring and understanding person, and I’m sure your Fiancé appreciates all you do for him, you have come to the right place for assistance and advice, many people on here are only to willing to give and talk about how they handle the bad and good days. I would just like to say its good having you on here, and I’m sure you will be an asset to this site.

Bluebird.

:original:

sorry just put a quote in somehow!

We have both been reading more posts on this forum and the general OCD one. You are so right that knowledge is power. The more you read the more it all makes sense somehow.

Andrea x

sorry just put a quote in somehow

Don't be, it took me ages to learn how to do that! :lol:

Glad you're finding the forums helpful. :original:

Deb

Hi all,

I agree wholeheartedly with Andreas sentiments, the support on this site is amazing. :clapping:

and as one of the replies says:-

I felt one of the most difficult things to face when my son was diagnosed was the feeling of isolation, that no one understood.

even close friends didn't understand....you have to live with it to fully understand....perhaps some extremely insiteful people understand, but in my experience they are few and far between.

oh and by the way WELCOME Andrea!

Sue x

Edited by Guest