5HTP

Guest autumn girl

Guest autumn girl

Now before I go any further I want to point out that:

1) I am not trying to sell or push this on anyone

2) I am not telling people to stop taking any medication that works for them

:a1_cheesygrin:

But I have to say that 5HTP is working an absolute treat for me. SSRI's and I just didnt get along, and after taking them I was a bit scared of going on any medication at all. I just felt like a zombie and didnt like it.

I read some info on 5HTP, thought I'd give it a go, and after a month I can say that it has turned things around for me.

I know it may not work for everyone, and I must stress that you shouldnt take it with any prescribed medication, and also that's its probably worth seeing your GP about it, but on top of all of that, I think its bl00dy great :clapping:

Autumn xx

Guest Justamum

But I have to say that 5HTP is working an absolute treat for me. SSRI's and I just didnt get along, and after taking them I was a bit scared of going on any medication at all. I just felt like a zombie and didnt like it.

I read some info on 5HTP, thought I'd give it a go, and after a month I can say that it has turned things around for me.

I know it may not work for everyone, and I must stress that you shouldnt take it with any prescribed medication, and also that's its probably worth seeing your GP about it, but on top of all of that, I think its bl00dy great :clapping:

Autumn xx

Hi Autumn Girl

I am really pleased they are working for you, my son has been on them now for 6 months and he has been good on them too.

Justamum

Guest Freeatlast

Way to Go Autumn! :boxing: anything to keep the fighting spirit burning :boxing:

Carol (who is secretly jealous she can't take 5HTP due to being maxed out on prozac!)

Guest Soldiering on

Autumn xx

I'm so glad you told me that! :a1_cheesygrin: I was considering buying some anyway, but that's clinched it! I've always thought the increase in my OCD that has been present for about 4 years now, was brought on by drug use and I think increasing the serotonin levels in my head would really help to undo that...!

Mind you. There's a few Xmas parties coming up and although I'm going to ignore the drugs from now on and the 12 hour drink binges, will the booze counter the 5HTP really dramatically?

J

Hi Autmn Girl and Justamum

Good to hear that the 5HTP is working

If you do not mind me asking what are the positive effects you have had and how long have you been taking them for.

I only ask, as I have also started to take these but as yet not really sure whether they are having any effect on me.

Could you let me know where you purchased yours as I may try taking your ones instead.

I got mine form healthspan.co.uk

matrix

Guest autumn girl

Hey there

Soldiering, I dont think any wonder drug is going to help you get away with 12 hour drinking binges matey!

Matrix, I dont remember the brand I'm afraid, but I think if they are trading as 5HTP then that is what they should be, I will check the dosage too and get back to you as maybe yours is a bit lower??

I have been taking them for about 6 weeks, but I have to say that I had an almost instant positive reaction to them, I am taking them with St Johns Wort too, dont know if the combination is what makes it work?? But work it does and I'm not changing it!

And I just want to reiterate that before I started taking this I wasnt on any medication at all which made it easier to start, it would be irresponsible of me to not say that as i am not saying that people should just stop the drugs they are taking at the moment, I'm sure without a consultation with your doctor this could make things worse

x

Hi autumn girl

Thanks for responding to my post.

You are probably right when you say my dosage is too low - I am only taking 100mg at the end of the day and only for the last 28 days.

So it would be handy if you could let me know your dosage.

Can you remember whether yours contained anything else in it or was it just pure. Mine contain a few other minerals and vitamins but also folic acid which I have read is not good for OCD

I suppose it may taker longer as I am sure that my serotonin levels where really low as I was majorily stressed out last year with my business which got me down and that was when my "fear of loosing something" and unable to put items into bags or dustbins kicked in – full blast

Like you I am not on any other medication.

I was going to try Inositol as well - have you ever looked at this before.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on.

Well done with what you have achieved so far

matrix

Guest Justamum

Hi Matrix

I get them from Holland and Barretts, but maybe you should add to the mix, we have found that crab apple drops x4 4 times a day and White chestnut drops same dose, (stops obsessvie thoughts work) they are available from H & B too. Also taking fish oils rich in EPA and Omega 3 (H & B) helps to combat depression and also if your diet isn't too great an vitamin B comples (H & B) alongside drinking 4 cups of cammomile tea a day - is a fantastic mix. Give it a shot and let us all know if it works for you.

Cheers

Justamum

Guest autumn girl

Hey Matrix

My dosage is 50mg twice daily, one before I go to sleep at night. And its just 5HTP there isnt anything else with it but as I said I do take St Johns Wort with it too.

I havent tried Insitol I'm afraid. I guess all of this is like standard medication, it works for some and not for others

xxx

Hi autumn girl and justamum

I am going to Chelmsford tomorrow and there is a Holland and Barretts there. So I will try to get some of the Crab Apple and White Chestnut and will probably get the 5HTP as well as it seems more pure than what I am currently taking (no added ingredients!)

How do you take the drops - I assume 4 drops 4 times a day straight on the tongue or do you mix it with water like the web sites say or is it better in it's pure form

I will also look at the St John's Wort

Thank you both for the information and help

Anyway have to go as I want to restructure my ERP as I sort of failed a bit last night - but get back on try again :-)

matrix

Guest Justamum

Hi Matrix

They recommend that you put 4 drops of each into a small amount of water and sip it slowly (not to drink like pop).

You can have as many as you like in a day if required, but we have found that taken 4 times a day helps. Let us know how you get on, oh and they take almost immediate effect. Good luck

Justamum