Hoarding and checking

Guest furgles

Guest furgles

Thanks for everyone's help. Its def not diogenes cos he is so careful about getting clean etc etc.

I have tried to get him to go to a doctor but he says all I ever do is talk about it and its got to the point where he's lying about keeping stuff-old bottles, cigarette packets etc-he just says he doesnt want to sort it as he's got better things to do with his time. I am a tidy person so we always seem to row about it. Dont no what to do as we are so close to breaking up.

Guest tangoblu

Dear furgles

So sorry to hear that your b/f is not facing the fact that he has a problem. It seems you are going around in circles with him and unless he realises he needs help - and wants help, you are really not able to do anything but continue to talk opening about how you feel.

I do hope you sort things out.

Take care

Pam

Hi furgles

In your original message you say “My boyfriend has to check the floor when he stands up lots of times and is constantly hoarding things”. Do you know why he checks the floor>

The reason I am asking is that I too check the floor where I have been standing and also check behind me when I walk. I also have trouble in throwing things away and in fact touching anything that needs to be thrown away.

The reason I think I do it is that I have a fear of loosing something or dropping something (what I am going to loose, I do not know) which if it happens is will cause me and my wife severe problems.

I was just wondering if this it why you’re b/f does it and that is why he gets annoyed - I do!

With me I think there is an underlining reason (I lost my wedding ring, nearly lost my business and our Nan passed away all in 2 months – loosing things!!) which has distorted my thoughts.

I am gradually exposing myself to things and trying to sort myself out with natural medicine, CBT and now hypnosis.

If you or him needs a chat just contact me, maybe I can be of help

Ray