Guest legend
I've just come back from the doctors and I've been prescribed 20mg fluoxetine. Just wondering about other people's experiences and whether it's safe to drink on these? :dry:

Although i never tried these sufferer, it is always wise not to over indulge whilst on meds, and remember

that alcohol is a depressant in itself, maybe you should speak to your dr re meds and booze,

legend..

Hi there. I take 40mg fluoxetine (prozac) each day and have found no major problems. I have not long restarted them after being on them for a couple of years and then stopping. It is recommended that you dont drink with any antidepressants as alcohol is a depressant in itself but I must admit that I do still have a glass or two of wine of an evening without any problems. The only thing I have found this time round is that I have unexplained bruising but all blood tests were normal (and I do tend to bruise easily - not this easily mind you)....

Different tablets work for different people, so see how you get on and any concerns, mention them to your doctor. Bare in mind that it takes quite a few weeks for all anti depressants to work to full efficiency. Have you asked to be referred for CBT?

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys for your replies - I am on the waiting list for counselling (had it before but not great - hoping this time around it will be better!) I don't drink a lot but I do enjoy a bottle or two of lager of an evening and I'm going on holiday at the end of the month so would normally have a few of an evening then, but obviously don't want to if it's not advised. xx :original:

Guest kelly

I was prescribed 60 mg of Prozac - more useful for Pure O so the pshyc said - and I didn't have any side effects despite taking them for a year - I hade to reduce the dose slowly though when I came off.