Why do I feel a fraud and doubt myself all the time

Hi all,

I hope the OCD is keeping at bay for you all. Sorry I have not been round much but I feel that everytime I post I am seeking reassurance, which I know is not good for OCD, so although I have been reading the boards I have tried to distance myself a little.

Well I have just began a 10 week CBT OCD group. About 7 or 8 of us in total. It only started last week. The problem is I feel such a fraud and feel like I need to prove myself all the time. My line of thinking (perhaps obsessively) is what if people don't think I have OCD and am a bad person or what if people believe my thoughts? Most of the time now I know that my many obsessive thoughts over the years are just that..... thoughts and not real but because I have talked about my thoughts/OCD I am scared people will believe them and judge me as a bad person.

Why for goodness sake can I not have any faith in myself??????? My self esteem is at rock bottom. I don't feel good enough. I am making stupid mistakes at work, I am getting irritable and snappy with everyone and tearful all the time. I even think you guys on here will think of me as a pain.

What the heck is going on. Why do I have to prove myself yet I feel disconnected with myself???

Any ideas? x

Guest legend

its not your line of thinking swo. it is ocd playing games with you, and it likes to make

you doubt.

You have ocd full stop, and whatever you discuss and talk about its ocd, and nobody will judge

you...in a cbt group, everyone is in the same boat!! you all have UNWANTED intrusive thoughts..

And its not looking for reasuarance by posting, you are looking for support and advice becasue

you have ocd...

What also appears to be happening, is you are self doubting, which is another part of ocd.

So remember, you have ocd, and it will try every trick in the book to make you doubt,

ignore it and concentrate on getting better, and do keep us informed of how it works out

and brill that ocduk has been mentioned

legend