ocd fear of cheating?

Guest swampfox

Guest swampfox

i never cheat, and i had a hard tiem on a quiz friday. i had the memory of looking at someones paper and feel so guilty now. i seeked reassurance from everyone. if all you are going to say is that asking reassurance alone is proof or i shouldnt do that, dont respond please

Hi Swampfox,

OCD likes to prey on the things that are personally important to us. As you said 'you never cheat' which shows that this is something you would never consider doing and because of this OCD has picked up on that and the classic 'what ifs' begin. Reassurance is a compulsion and as hard as it seems you must try not to seek reassurance. Believe me, easier said than done as reassurance seeking has always been my forte as well.

Are you receiving any treatment? Perhaps have a read of some of the many helpful self help books on OCD. Once you master the art of not seeking reassurance the thought will become in perspective and will not bother you!

Hope you are feeling better x

Edited by Guest
if all you are going to say is that asking reassurance alone is proof or i shouldnt do that, dont respond please

Hi Swampfox,

Sadly, if we post a thread we have to expect anyone to respond, particularly when we are looking to be reassured.

Caramoole