OCD Guide for Young People

OCD-UK are delighted to release our brand new OCD information guide, written specifically for young people.

Download PDF (1.5mb)

Huge thanks to Jo, Sarah, Pam, Leigh and all the volunteers that have worked on this booklet and with the support of Awards for All we are able to print 10,000 of these which will be distributed to schools. universities, CAMHS, OCD clinics and many other outlets.

The booklet is a small similar DL envelope size of 105 x 170mm and was designed this way specifically so any young person slightly embarrassed can quickly pick one up and slip into their handbag/combat pocket etc. You can view and download above, if anybody would like a copy simply send a SAE. If you want to distribute multiple copies locally just email us with details and we will send some out to you.

We hope this booklet helps our younger community.

Note: Parents guide mentioned on the back cover will not be available until June or July.

Guest Jennikat

Wow - I have to say, that was much better than I imagined it was going to be, I did really like that there were stories in there, as well as the friends, parents and school sections :)

Nice one Ashley :a1_cheesygrin:

Guest Charlotte

This is really excellent - the whole thing is explained without any patronising. I really enjoyed it and am going to print it out to show my family this weekend.

Well done everyone who was involved

Lottie :original:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am seeking the help of a number of young people to review this book, and help us update the text or change the design for our next print run early next year. If you would like to help, please post or contacft me for details of how you can do that.

Thank you :)

Thanks Lucy, I will get a couple more people together, and perhaps arrange a MSN chat session or chat in here. I will arrange in a couple of weeks. In the meantime do you have a copy of the booklet? (the one at the top of this thread), if not I will post you one out.

I want to look at age groups too, so remind me, are you 15?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest LauraMac

Think this book is really brilliant, would be fantastic to get these into schools! School's are given so much information on other conditions but hardly anything, if anything at all on OCD. I know during my time at school the teachers didn't understand my OCD!

I am from Northern Ireland and would love to see some of these in our schools, if only to help the teachers! :original:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our stock for the booklet is now running low, so early in the New Year we want to review the booklet, and edit and change the design if needed. Before we do anything we are keen to get the feedback from young people who have used or read our book. If you would like to be part of a small focus group that offers feedback and helps develop a new booklet please do get in touch by posting on here, or PM'ing, and then myself or a colleague will be in touch with you in the New Year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ashley unpinned this topic