New - Someone to talk to please? Advice given and accepted...

Guest Elliex

Guest Elliex

Well, where do I start? I hope this forum helps me.

I haven't been diagnosed with OCD but I know I have it.

My OCD?

For example:

1) If I'm not with my mum (it is usually about my mum), I have to say things or touch things in a certain way. Eg, touching the radiator with the same amount of pressure on both hands.

2) Saying words in my head all the different ways they can be said.

And many more...

I have to do everything until it is 'perfect' and have to start again if I blink or something like that.

Sometimes, I have to do things while holding my breath and if I breathe, I have to start again.

I feel so strange doing this! However, if I don't do this, my mum will get hurt. This is what I think...

I'm 15 and no one else that I know of has it. I would like to talk to someone of a similar age with OCD.

PLEASE REPLY? :a1_cheesygrin:

x

Guest larkin

Well, where do I start? I hope this forum helps me.

I haven't been diagnosed with OCD but I know I have it.

well, firstly, a big pat on the back to you for asking for help, it isn't easy..have you spoke to anyone else about your symptoms? family or friends? or your G.P? perhaps you could visit your G.P and ask for advice, this sight is great for sharing experiences and for gaining knowledge on OCD etc.. and your G.P can support you with your symptoms i'm sure, remember you are not alone, OCD is very common and there's lots of good people on this sight who can support you when you need it..

I hope this helps in some way? have you read all the fact sheets on this site regarding OCD and treatment etc..? it's really good,

larkin

Hi There Elliex :)

Obviously, we can't offer a formal diagnosis but the problems you describe certainly fit into the OD spectrum.

The good news is that the earlier your recieve support for your OCD, the more effective the outcome.

Many people avoid telling their G.P's out of embarrasment, they avoid telling family in case they cause upset. Fortunately, a great deal is known about OCD and it would really help to tell your Mum and make an appointment to see your G.P. , that way you can get some support to help you deal with these rituals.

Please ask any questions and we will help wherever we can

Caramoole :)

Hi Elliex. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. This place is full of wonderful people who all share a commonality of having OCD. I am so glad I found it myself almost 2 years ago now and the people on here are the most non judgemental and understanding people you could meet. I hope it helps you being here. I can only encourage you to go and see your GP to get the necessary help and support the medical profession can offer you. There is certainly nothing to be embarassed or afraid of. Take care and all the best. KG

if I blink or something like that.

Sometimes, I have to do things while holding my breath and if I breathe, I have to start again.

Hi,

I do this. or before I move or blink. Please tackle it. At the moment I usually have to do some ritual before the riders have finished a stage on the Tour De France (I'm 35 years old).

Edited by Guest
Guest Elliex

Thank-you to you all. It's so nice to know that I'm not strange for doing this. It's so hard isn't it?! Thank-you all so much.

xx

Hi Elliex :original:

This forum is full of wonderful people who offer advice and support, going to the doctors is a good idea, if you see a good doctor they can offer help and advice, my doctor was very good with me. Welcome to the forum

Red :a1_cheesygrin:

Guest SallyB

When I went to the GP I wrote a list of what I wanted to say - and also took my husband with me in case I couldn't say what I wanted to. So if you feel you need props when you go then go for it - a friend in the waiting room, or the printed list from the main OCD website might be really helpful when trying to explain your symptoms.

Sally

Guest Elliex

Thank-you both, much appreciated.

Sally, thank-you, that is a good idea. A VERY good idea. However, I feel nervous about going to a doctor. Although I know this is a common problem, it feel like only I am dealing with it? I know that sounds selfish and that's not what I mean but it feels as if I am a freak in what I do (my rituals) and that everyone else's are pretty common?

x