Sick of newbies?

Guest cazmelody

Guest cazmelody

Hey everyone this is yet another newbie talking! :lol: i joined this site as soon as i turned 13 (as thats the age limit) i just think it's fantastic that all these people with ocd can talk to other people the same age with it. I've had ocd since i was about 6. I didnt know it then and was too scared to tell anyone about my 'silly habits'. i was only properly diagnosed about half a year ago... i had a horific problem with school. i had been sick in hospital and was very poorly afterwards. i was sick in school so much the teachers just stopped beleiving me. they stopped letting me home, they said things like 'guess whose sick again?' right in frount of me. from then on i had a massive fear of school. Like crying, screaming and my parents having to DRAG me in... it was horrific. obviously i have other rituals (counting colours, repeating words, having to check things an even number of times... and well thats my life story! :lol: ok im boring you but i'll go now. If you know anything that might help me get through school this term i would be soooo glad. :original: xx

Hi Cazmelody :original:

I'm not a teenager(far from it :lol: ) I know it might be a bit young for you but have you read the childrens leaflet on this site about ocd, I think its directed at young children but you never know it might help you a little to relax a bit.

Take care.

Red

Guest Aarandorf

My advice to get through the school term, is to distract yourself, and to talk on the forums here. By distracting yourself you can try and avoid those horrific thoughts that can come about (I know plenty well enough about them as well!)

If you post on the forums, you can talk to great people who are all too willing to help :) I find its useful to do when you're having a bad time.

All the best,

Aarandorf

cazmelody,

I wonder if your GP could write a letter to your school to explain your illness and what you find difficult. I know how hard it is to get across to others how distressing OCD is and it's not just a case of 'snapping out of it'

Having said that - I know from my experience that some people will never really understand. I wonder if there is one teacher/person at school who is receptive and can be a support for you whilst you are at school. Maybe this person could intervene if others are not as understanding?

What you need is some kind of support for when you are struggling - for example a key understanding person at school/a friend, someone you can phone when things get tough...

There are people out there who will help and will try to understand so don't feel you are alone.

Sally

Guest cazmelody

Hey guys!! how is everyone? thanks to all your great advice i'm still here and struggling on lol. No I'm alrite and am getting on really well at school although i have been off with throat infection and flu... :(