Bruces,

Do you not have to go back to your GP anyway to review it? They normally only let you have a certain number of repeat prescriptions before asking you to go in for a review - or that's what they do with me anyway.

Do you feel that the medication is not working? Or you have side-effects? If so then I should make an appointment with your GP as soon as possilbe. If you are getting along ok with it then you might want to wait until you need to review it.

It depends really what you want from a review - do you want more help (eg CBT referral or a change of medication) or do you think you could now start weaning yourself off it?

If you have any questions/concerns at all I would go back to your GP as soon as you can - that's what they are there for. If they feel it necessary then they may refer you to a psychiatrist but you would need to talk to your GP first (as far as I am aware)

Sally

im normally asked for a review but it hasnt happened for some time now,my main point was i wondered f their was something that might be more effective for me,but in all honesty i tend to go for long periods where i forget to take it...

Guest psychocandy
im normally asked for a review but it hasnt happened for some time now,my main point was i wondered f their was something that might be more effective for me,but in all honesty i tend to go for long periods where i forget to take it...

How long you been taking the prozac? Does it make any difference?