Every cloud has a silver lining.

Guest legend

Im a very very happy man x

To cut a long story, short, before i was diagnosed with ocd, i had intrusive thoughts, that i had abused my kids

when they were small, the thoughts became so strong, i actually believed in them, in 2004.

I told uneducated medical staff, about what i thought i had done, although, i still didnt know whether the thoughts were

true or not, and they told the police.

I was arrested and questioned, and so were my kids, and nothing came of it.

But, the police added the info. onto my crb disclosure, which doesnt prevent you from working with kids, but it

meant you had to give your versions of events each time....grrrrrrrrrr

So why am i so happy????

Because, with the help of ocduk, a fantastic pyschiatrist, and some knowledge i gained along the way, i decided to contest

that the information should be never disclosed again, as the reasons into the events were based solely on ocd

and that i never have, or never will pose a risk to anyone.

SO IN TODAYS POST A NEW ENHANCED CRB DISCLOSURE WITHOUT ANYTHING ON IT YIIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEE. X

So, its taken 3 years, of hard graft, and some tears along the way, but i have done it

One thinks a bottle of champagne will be popped tonight

Thanks to ashley, and all of you on ocduk, who have taken me from the darkest days, and put me back to square

one,

legend .x

p.s. just to say, thankfully, in my experiences of being on ocduk, that these type of events are very very rare, so please

dont be put off, disclosing your thoughts, to your therapist.

And of course, this was over 5 years, ago, and theres a lot more knowledge now, than there was then.

Edited by Guest
Well done you! I am so pleased that such a wrong has been put right!

Sal x

thanx for the kind words sal, and to all, had my highs, today, and i think the "shock" of it all has hit me, but thats to be accepted

thank you all

leggy xxxxx

omg legend im sooo happy for you, thats such a big achivement, you of all peole deserve it as you are one of the most kindast lovleys people on the earth and would nevr ever harm a sole so im glad your records now coinside with that.

good luck for the future

becca

xxx

Thanks guys and girls, for your lovely messages........ :original:

I actually feel like a different person, a "huge" weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

wish you all well

legend. :original:

Guest worriedmum

That's just amazing Legend! Well done for sticking with it. I so look forward to meeting you in October... you have been a huge encouragement to me over these past months.

That's just amazing Legend! Well done for sticking with it. I so look forward to meeting you in October... you have been a huge encouragement to me over these past months.

thanks ....and look forwards to meeting you too xx

cheers bruces, cam, and new boy ... and anyone i may off missed xx

keep battling :boxing:

Nice one Leg :cheer: I have got to say that since I have been a member of this site you have been an inspiration to me, you have given me and others great and supportive advice and I am really thankful.

Great news Legend.

Red

P.s I think its absolutely disgusting that you were treated that way in the first place.

Edited by Guest
Nice one Leg :cheer: I have got to say that since I have been a member of this site you have been an inspiration to me, you have given me and others great and supportive advice and I am really thankful.

Great news Legend.

Red

P.s I think its absolutely disgusting that you were treated that way in the first place.

thanks duck and red, glad to help.

re. p.s. yes it was disgusting, and when things go wrong in my life, they go properly wrong !!!

oh well, hopefully, with the complaints that have been made, the same mistakes, wont be made again.

legend