I wish I was more Intelligent

I wish I was more Intelligent I grew up my whole life being told I was hopeless by my father but I have come to believe that it's true.No matter when I've tried to do something I've always failed,all my friends or people I know have good jobs and I've just been totally hopeless and pathetic.Even when I was at work I need to be shown something a considerable amout of time before I could get it and I could see the frustration in the people's faces.I know this is another lame topic or thread but I can't help but feel so low in myself :weep::weep::weep:.

Guest danaeonyx

I wish I was more Intelligent I grew up my whole life being told I was hopeless by my father but I have come to believe that it's true.No matter when I've tried to do something I've always failed,all my friends or people I know have good jobs and I've just been totally hopeless and pathetic.Even when I was at work I need to be shown something a considerable amout of time before I could get it and I could see the frustration in the people's faces.I know this is another lame topic or thread but I can't help but feel so low in myself :weep::weep::weep:.

I wish I was more intelligent too :( I can only get crappy jobs, and even then I end up leaving 'cos I make a mistake then completely stress over it. I just feel so useless

Guest madamjen77

Hi Ace and Danae,

I felt compelled to write a response to your posts, on many occasions i too have felt the same as you both, it is ONLY the OCD and other outside influences and beliefs that make us feel the way we do, if we were truely as unintelligent as we think, it would not be possible for us to suffer from this agonising illness, Ocd picks on the most intelligent and creative people, it is our creative mind that conjours up rituals and ruminations and makes us think they are true. Without this intelligence it wouldn'd be possible to think the way we do.

Did you know the Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Howard Hughes, Michaelangelo, Donald Trump, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Winston Churchill, but to name a few all had varying forms of ocd, i think they all did pretty well for themselves considering!

I know when feeling low and constantly battling with negative thoughts, depression, ocd, general life stress, it is so easy to think of ourselves as unintelligent, but as i said before we truely are highly intelligent, creative and very loving people and DON'T ever let anybody tell you different.

Smiles Jen :flowers2:

Sorry danae you feel the same way I really do,Thank you madamjen for your response it really helped me.Especially growing up being told you're constantly worthless and even hearing comments from people at times that make you feel like a joke really hurt.It is really hard battling this illness through life,many people have no idea how hard it really is.I've always had problems with self esteem and confidence and with Bdd I think it makes it alot worse as well.I've always struggled alot with feeling inferior to people,for e.g seeing people with technology being so advanced and feeling so hopeless when you're so far behind.I just want to be able to go through life a bit feeling alot less worse off to people in the sense I feel I'm a level or so down from them.