Need some help

Guest Arbitor

Guest Arbitor

Hey all

I`m just wandering if you guys and gals can help me out, i have a pasiion for animals and nature, and well i keep getting what a non ocd sufferer would call extreme thoughts, i think that killing animals unless absolutley vital is wrong, but then again i eat fish, cause it has omega 3 and helps my brain, and thus ocd.

Today i`ve just been feeling like taking fishing up and eating what i catch, but see here lies my problem, i feel like an hipocrite, and an also don`t feel like i should kill the fish, like i dunno it`s weird,i mean i want to go fishing and kill the fish but i just don`t fee i have it in me i feel as though the normal side of me, the me side, can kill the fish and is telling me to do o, but the evil/ocd side is making me a wimp. i don`t belive in fishing/ killing for sport/ entertainment or monetary purposes.

Can someone help me please, i`m fed up with being an hypocrite and all, but it`s just my stop belives, and also i feel as though this ocd is affecting my karma.

cheers

Arb

Guest suzie_mae

Hey all

I`m just wandering if you guys and gals can help me out, i have a pasiion for animals and nature, and well i keep getting what a non ocd sufferer would call extreme thoughts, i think that killing animals unless absolutley vital is wrong, but then again i eat fish, cause it has omega 3 and helps my brain, and thus ocd.

Today i`ve just been feeling like taking fishing up and eating what i catch, but see here lies my problem, i feel like an hipocrite, and an also don`t feel like i should kill the fish, like i dunno it`s weird,i mean i want to go fishing and kill the fish but i just don`t fee i have it in me i feel as though the normal side of me, the me side, can kill the fish and is telling me to do o, but the evil/ocd side is making me a wimp. i don`t belive in fishing/ killing for sport/ entertainment or monetary purposes.

Can someone help me please, i`m fed up with being an hypocrite and all, but it`s just my stop belives, and also i feel as though this ocd is affecting my karma.

cheers

Arb

Hey Arb

I am also a very big nature lover and am vegetarian so can understand your feelings. which thought causes you distress the thought of killing fish? or the thought of not been able too?

sue

Guest Arbitor

Hey Arb

I am also a very big nature lover and am vegetarian so can understand your feelings. which thought causes you distress the thought of killing fish? or the thought of not been able too?

sue

Hey Suzie

See i`m also a veggie and am really proud of it, it`s one of my passion.See this is where my problem lies, i`m a veggie, veggie don`t belive in killing animals, and shouldn`t kill them, but i`m doing a)to help my brain and body and control my ocd, and b) cause i think it`s nice to get in touch with the roots of mother earth, if you can understand me lol (not many people do, no wait, no one does not even me lmao!).And i`m scarred and not killing it right, i thought of taking an axe and giving in a quick swipe along it`s neck, but i can`t take an axe.

Thanks for reply.

P.S i haven`t said all my extreme thoughts for obvious reasons.And sorry for spelling my brain isn`t functioning as good as what it was, so much going on inside it.

Guest quicheme

Hey, Arbitor. Can I just ask, do you think this conflict in your mind is OCD related? I know how you feel kind of. I'm a veggie to but I have this massive fear of spiders. Can barely type the word cos now I feel like ones going to appear in my room. Anyway, up until a year ago I hoovered them up (killed them) which made me feel such a hideous hipocrite. I felt awful because it went against my morals. So I started catching and throwing them out the window. Anyway my point I guess is that perhaps your feelings maybe aren't OCD related. Have you looked at other things which could give you Omega 3? Also I know how you mean about like how your OCD almost says 'I dare you to go fishing'. For others its 'I dare you to kill your family'. It's difficult to ignore the images and I cant really give you any advice about taming them. The only thing I can say is that me and you, and sooooo many other OCD sufferers, haven't acted on these 'extreme/obscene' images... Hope hthat helps.

Guest lsimone

Hello, im a veggie that eats fish, just thought i'd mention that im also really passionate about marine science and fascinated by the ocean and sea life but at the same time fish is my favourite food? I've found it really hard to try and work out and sometimes i feel really guilty when i eat it. im afraid i dont have an answer for you but just to let you know you're not alone!