dating website

Guest Charmainee

Guest Belaris

Hi Charmainee

i have had OCD and depression for about 20 years now and in that time i met people who either accepted what it meant or they didnt - everyone is different in their perceptions of mental illness, some see it as an affliction that needs to be avoided others see it as it actually is - an illness like any other that can be treated and controlled and that people who have it are just like everyone else.

When i met my future wife in the place i worked i was upfront from the start that i had OCD and depression and was on medication for it and had been for a long time - she accepted this without any problem and since then has helped me when i got bad or the meds didnt work.

Remember that EVERYONE is different, the old saying that nobodys perfect is very true and that there is someone out there for everyone and that you will find that person - what is meant for you wont pass you by.

If someone doesnt want to know you because of whatever problems you have then they are not worth the effort - maybe the person you are talking to knows someone with OCD and/or depression and has experience with it or as previously posted is just saying it to get casual sex - just be careful anyway and if you do meet up do so in a public place etc.

What i am trying to say is that from my own experience there are good people out there who will look beyond the illness and see the person within which is what happened to me.

Gary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Charmainee

Hi Charmainee

i have had OCD and depression for about 20 years now and in that time i met people who either accepted what it meant or they didnt - everyone is different in their perceptions of mental illness, some see it as an affliction that needs to be avoided others see it as it actually is - an illness like any other that can be treated and controlled and that people who have it are just like everyone else.

When i met my future wife in the place i worked i was upfront from the start that i had OCD and depression and was on medication for it and had been for a long time - she accepted this without any problem and since then has helped me when i got bad or the meds didnt work.

Remember that EVERYONE is different, the old saying that nobodys perfect is very true and that there is someone out there for everyone and that you will find that person - what is meant for you wont pass you by.

If someone doesnt want to know you because of whatever problems you have then they are not worth the effort - maybe the person you are talking to knows someone with OCD and/or depression and has experience with it or as previously posted is just saying it to get casual sex - just be careful anyway and if you do meet up do so in a public place etc.

What i am trying to say is that from my own experience there are good people out there who will look beyond the illness and see the person within which is what happened to me.

Gary

Thanks Gary what you said has really made sense thankyou :)

Guest Charmainee

Hey Charmainee,

Is the website that you found any good at all?

What one the dating one or the mental illness website.

The mental illness one is really good, because people want to talk and dont talk about things you would normally talk about on a dating website, and they know you are suffering aswell. its really good .

The dating one is okay its alright.

Edited by Charmainee