Just a quick question about my OCD and others OCD

Guest JC123

Guest JC123

My OCD is always and I mean always worse at night/evening or before I go to bed.

I was just wondering if anybody else's OCD was worse at this time. :D:D:D:D:D

Guest worriedmum

My son's OCD used to bother him really badly at night too (what with the bedtime checks as well as the time alone to worry). For him making sure he was really tired and ready to sleep before going to bed helped and also doing things that were relaxing before bed. As well as his CBT. If he watched movies or played computer type games before bed his brain was too active and things would play on his mind more, but if he just relaxed and talked or read he found that easier.

Not sure if this will help or not but just something that helped him.

Hope things settle down for you soon.

Guest legend

My son's OCD used to bother him really badly at night too (what with the bedtime checks as well as the time alone to worry). For him making sure he was really tired and ready to sleep before going to bed helped and also doing things that were relaxing before bed. As well as his CBT. If he watched movies or played computer type games before bed his brain was too active and things would play on his mind more, but if he just relaxed and talked or read he found that easier.

Yes, a very good idea to get a good sleep hygene programme set up. There are many things you can do, and lots of things we "shouldnt" do before settling down.

Its a good idea to have a look at whats good for you before bedtime and what isnt !! google it !!

Legend

Guest JC123

I do tend to read before I go to bed, but sometimes it just makes it worse.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest KateandIvy12

Yes mine is great in the morning can see right through the thoughts but in the evening they take over and I feel like they are going to kill me!! X