False Memories... Again.

Guest nick1

Guest nick1

Hello,

I've had a whole bunch of false memories all at the same time lately, which i really don't understand, and i'm just beginning to get over them all now. I'm pretty sure they're false memories, because they supposedly happened years ago and i then they suddenly just 'pop' into my head again, and one minute i'll believe it did happen then the next i'll think the complete opposite and be sure it never happened. but the problem is, for the first couple of days i'm almost sure they happened, and i get all depressed and want to die. then, i begin to seriously doubt them, until i get to a stage when i'm 50/50, then eventually i know they were false and i forget all about them. one of them seemed so real that i went to my GP and told him all about it.

So is it normal for false memories to seem completely 100% real at first, and for you to be sure they happened? Because of all the others i've read, people seem to doubt them straight away.

Thanks,

Nick.

So is it normal for false memories to seem completely 100% real at first, and for you to be sure they happened? Because of all the others i've read, people seem to doubt them straight away.

With OCD those doubts can seem 100% real, which is why they are so persuasive and scary.

I haven't suffered from false memories but my very first OCD attack was that I would lose control and stab my Husband. At first it seemed 100% real and this can be the same with most fears or doubts.

It's hard finding faith when doubts, fears or false memories seem so real but as with all OCD worries, whatever they are....we have to find a way to move forward despite the false beliefs our brain is telling us.

Caramoole :)

Guest kellywellybelly

With OCD those doubts can seem 100% real, which is why they are so persuasive and scary.

I haven't suffered from false memories but my very first OCD attack was that I would lose control and stab my Husband. At first it seemed 100% real and this can be the same with most fears or doubts.

It's hard finding faith when doubts, fears or false memories seem so real but as with all OCD worries, whatever they are....we have to find a way to move forward despite the false beliefs our brain is telling us.

Caramoole :)

Guest kellywellybelly

hiya nick this is the hardeset part of ocd that i struggle with i suffer with this deeply and its the absolute need too be 100% certian that incidents events etc didnt happen and i hate ocd n what it does to your mind, when your in the grip of a ocd spell, past events can seem real i do this i say omg that really did happen, and what if my urges lost control and i didnt know i did them, cycle starts again its mental torture, the doubt but you will never get 100% certianity thats the nature of ocd its a bully no doubt all your thoughts r based around things you care about cause mine are all based around my family harming them or have i harmed them so cruel such a cruel condition too live with, just remember its not you its the ocd

take care kelly

Guest alexandra

Hi,

im the same i literally have thoughts and convince myself ive said/done these things and then i end up so upset and believing of these things i feel the need to confess because id rather confess the things than have them in my head however silly/made up they seem to others its horrible!!!

Hope your doing ok ... dont give in to the thoughts , dont let them get in ..x