OCD in your dreams?

Guest xxBistoJoexx

Guest xxBistoJoexx

Hey.

I just wondered, when I've had dreams before, my OCD has never found it's way into them. But lately I have been waking up in the middle of an anxiety/panic attack through something that's happened in my dream. Like if I was painting my nails and got some on my skin, I cant find remover, or doing my hair and cant find my hair products, or serving someone at work and handling the cash from their dirty hands... THIS cash one has not even been an issue at work, I'm not back to work until Thursday but now it's all I can think about... I haven't even touched my purse for 2 days because of it now. My daughter goes to the shop for me, so I've just been saying to her oh get a pound from my purse then...

This is going over and over in my head, can we control our dreams at all?

Keek xx

Guest quicheme

i've had dreams similar to your dream about handling dirty things/being touched by dirty hands, and myself then having dirty hands. But your dream that has completely randomnly tryed to introduce a new trigger seems quite strange. I know I cant say it was just a dream, but you never had this new worry in real life before so try to tell yourself, if you can, that it isn't a 'real' worry, you never thought about it before and this one dream shouldnt dictate your life. If you dreamt you were doing a crime, you know you're not a criminal so its easier not to worry about, and I guess a similar principle applies with this dream

Guest xxBistoJoexx

hiya, thanks. i know like you said if id committed a crime in my dream, im not actually going to go out and do the crime, but ive had dreams before where ive actually hurt my daughter, then didnt take her to the doctors and then hours later she's died... then in waking life, when she's hurt herself ive then been in 2 minds about if its serious enough to go to the doctor or call an ambulance for... you follow? she was at the doctors soooo many times by the time she was 4 that the doctor got quite cross with me for wasting his time :/ i dont know what to do for the best sometimes :(

Keeks xx

Guest miss stresshead

hi, yes this has happened to me. i have actually woke up doing a ritual in my head, all come from the dream

or doing my checking thing also

xxx