My twin doesn't worry one bit

Guest nEvermore

Guest nEvermore

I have OCD and I worry about contamination or possible bodily harm constantly. On the other hand my twin brother (who is genetically identical) doesn't seem to worry about anything, ever.

Its really annoying because we have been very close for our entire lives, and I feel this has kind of created a divergence among us. I guess I am jealous because he is as happy as I was before the spectre of fear engulfed my life. He is however very willing and wants to help, but this just makes me feel more envious than ever. I know I should feel grateful, and I do, but the envy is there also. Any tips for either of us on this issue?

-Andy

p.s. first thread/question, hi guys! /wave

Guest akkers1

Hi there! Yes I would imagine it would make you feel pretty lousey. However, maybe at some stage he will develop it too, you just don't know! Try and keep that closeness up by talking about it with him and letting him help you. I think it would be pretty normal to feel a wee bit jealous. I'm sure we all would if we admitted it. He probably even feels a little uncomfortable that he is fine while you are suffering. Open up and let him help you and I'm sure you will also get a lot of support on here. All the best.

Guest Annabel

Wow that's really interesting.

Anyway, I guess if your brother is willing to listen and help then take all the help you can get. You're just different people and there will be good and bad things for each of you, try not to compare yourself too much to him and focus on your own journey to health!

Hope things get better xx