I feel really upset

Guest Annabel

Guest Annabel

Hi guys,

I had to take two extra courses as well as the 4 that everyone else is sitting this semester and I missed 3 exams last semester so I knew that this would be too much (6 exams in May, 3 exams in August, for just over half of my degree credits).

I knew I needed to take an interruption of studies but my parents couldn't afford it as I wouldn't get student loan when I came back as I've already had enough years at uni and am only entitled to one more year of loan (I'm on a 4 year course, due in 4th year in September but if I took interruption I'd be in 3rd again). I feel really upset and angry because my OCD is awful, I can't organize my thoughts, my notes and am doing so many rituals with my work that I can't do my exams. I might now get forced to take an ordinary degree because of it. I am actually really angry at my parents because if I'd made the decision myself I'd have taken an interruption of studies. I also keep thinking now that I could have applied to take an exam only year next year rather than to go back full-time and pay for it. This is making my OCD worse :( How do other people deal with anger? xx

Guest nEvermore

I have had a problem with rituals regarding exam taking at some points. I would say to just try and remind yourself that it is the OCD you are angry with, not yourself.