Cold sores/contamination/hyper responsibility

Guest Duckfoot

Guest Duckfoot

Hi, not sure if anyone remembers me I haven't been on here in years.

I have been managing the OCD quite well, but it still digs its horrible flaws in sometimes. Tonight is one of those times.

I've had a busy few years since I posted last, biggest news of all is I now have a son! He is the most amazing and perfect little person, and I strive to fight OCD that little bit harder every day so that he doesn't grow up with it affecting his life.

The worry I am currently having, is I have a cold sore. My son has eczema, and ive recently become aware of a complication called eczema herpeticum, which can be serious. I am trying so hard to minimise the risks of me spreading the virus to him, but tonight while I was feeding him before bed he reached up and touched my face. I can't be sure if the sleeve of his baby gro touched the cold sore or not. My OH (I talked about my hyper responsibility towards him in the past) thinks its my OCD that's telling me to change his clothes, and just up leave him. A rational part of my mind is listening, and so I have fought the urge to wake him and change him, but ice is there spouting it's **** with the what ifs.

I have had a few phases of 'if you don't do such and such something will happen to him' but if I write it all down it would be a novel.

I'm not looking for reassurance here, I just wanted to get it out.

Hi again, if any old faces are reading this :)

Guest sarah1984

Hello Duckfoot and welcome back to the forum,

Congratulations on your baby boy! You've done the right thing not to wake him and change his clothes. Try not to listen to the 'What if?' thoughts and get sucked in by the OCD bully.

Sarah