Having little zoe helped my ocd

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fayeray

Its hard work isnt it, especially with little ones, its that belief thats the hardest, you believe those things really will happen. You are doing great. Im ok thanks

Thanks it iS Difficult with ocd and little ones and in the hospital i felt i was making progress but as it tends to do with me anyway there were more worries and problems that came back and it has been hard on my husband who i always think he deserves better and not to go through all this with me. I have upped my meds now though and are waiting for therapy. I am glad your ok xx

Guest fayeray

It has a strain on most relationships, my hubby is great but he gets really fed up with me, must be so hard for them to. My OCD developed through pregnancy so i get how awful you feel, when your tired and emotional and you feel alone, so hard to explain, isnt it? So i really know how fab your doing. The anxiety is there all the time, you have to feel that to get better.. But gosh its hard, i have some fab days but equally have awful days.. Try and feel the fear but do it anyway and believe me, i know how hard it is but i feel great knowing that i did it and we are all fit and well and nothing awful happened to any of us.

Thankyou faye i know what you mean, Thanks for saying i am doing good and you make a lot of sense when you say it will be hard but you have to do it and see nothing bad happens. It is really hard but as you say you have to do it to get better and that is what i have to do i think sometimes i am just to scared and i take the easy option but that won`t help me get better Thanks again

Joanne xx

Guest fayeray

That scared, dread feeling unfortunately is going to be there, i also take the easy way out a lot of the time but know it only makes things worse. I waited CBT for 15 months and i felt so alone, now i go to a support group, one thing i try to do that i have learnt is stay in the now, focus on right now, not the past or what could happen, its true we OCD sufferers live too much in the, what might happen. This is so tough, and such a cruel condition cus noone knows how disabling is can feel. Please stop giving yourself a hard time because you re doing well and i like you focus on my little one to make me stronger, i try so hard for him, you know what though when your tired, everything magnifies.. If you are too tired dont give yourself a hardtime, think im tired right now and i will try again, you havent failed. Xx

Thanks for your help faye it does make you feel alone, I am waiting for cbt now and i am hoping it helps me. Sometimes i fail but i will never stop trying even though it is really terrifying to do the things that worry you.Did the cbt help you a lot? xx