Ashley Fulwood.

Guest legend

Well. where do we start. :whistling:

Just really to say a massive thanks of all your hard work, and the continual work you do on a day to day basis.

why did i say this you may you ask ?

Well someone said thanks to me , on posts for helping, and to hal and others, cheers :original: , but what we tend to forget is that

we only are able to do this, thanks to ashley.

WHY? because he took it on board back in 04 to set up this charity to raise AWARENESS. ..... and he has , he has worked tirelessly

to do so. And along the way he has changed so many things, and lifes, including mine.

The four steps , cbt , nice guidlines, self help improved access to pyschological treatment, dvla changes, the list goes on and on

I know he isnt keen on praise, but i think you thouroughly deserve it ashley. ( and so does your wonderful volunteers and all those on

the committee that help the charity run efficiently)

onwards and upwards. :original:

legend

Guest FobicFairy

Is this a good idea? His head might get awfully big and not fit through the forum door! :D

Thanks for keeping this great charity going Ashley. :clap:

FF xx

Is this a good idea? His head might get awfully big and not fit through the forum door! :D

Thanks for keeping this great charity going Ashley. :clap:

FF xx

no comment :whistling:

Guest Zippo3342

I agree, thanks to Ashley for starting this forum and charity, my only critique I have is that other peoples ideas and opinions should be at least respected, listened to and NOT deleted if the charity doesn't agree with them. I feel a little belittled actually, remember most of us have lived with OCD our whole lives and everyone has valid ideas to bring to the table. Being a charity or a moderator doesn't mean you are the supreme expert in all things OCD. But thanks for the forum anyways, i feel better after getting that out.

Edited by Zippo3342
Guest FobicFairy

I don't really think this thread was the place to voice your opinions about the charity Zippo, we are thanking Ashley for all this hard work not getting into personal issues. You are perfectly entitled to have your say, but it would have been better to start a new thread.

If you knew how the charity started, all the hours Ashley puts in, how much time he spends trying to get help for people, how he spends time with mental health professionals and keeps pushing for more CBT in the UK. Sometimes things are removed from the board, or judgments are made, but remember that the charity cannot be seen to encourage anything irresponsible or against the NICE guidliness. To do so could put the charity into jeopardy. Ashley is sometimes between a rock and a hard place having to make the right call, but in all cases the reputation of the charity has to come first. I could go on and on about his work over the years, I was here from day one, before the charity was officially up and running and know just how much goes into getting something like OCD-UK off the ground. Ashley has our best interests at heart and him and the MANY volunteers do a sterling job at keeping things going.

As for mods or Ashley being experts in all things OCD, you would be hard pushed to find many other people so knowledgable who are not mental health professionals. I should also point out that Ashley has to answer to others if he does something that could damage the charities reputation, he isn't playing God, he is doing whatever he possibly can to provide support to all OCD sufferers, their friends, and families.

I am not going to get into discussing your personal issues here, it isn't appropriate, please start another thread where specifics can be discussed.

FF x

totally agree ff.

the thread wasnt started to discuss what is right or wrong with ocduk. it was to thank ashley for his work, not only on here but all over the world re ocd.

If you have concerns then pm ashley zippo. And as a suggestion if you dont like the way the forums are very well moderated, then perhaps try using

others that are not, because what ever way you look at it, thanks to the moderators, ocduk provides the safest and most informative forums on the

net when it comes down to ocd.

Guest Zippo3342

I still thanked him, I just voiced one concern and I felt better getting it out is all. I was also having a very rough time and still am with my OCD, I don't know the full story about the charity BTW I thought it was just a forum and a website(as I live in Australia). If it is true thanks to Ashley and I would delete my last comment if I could and I tried to.

But telling me to go to another forum if I don't like this one isn't very nice considering I joined up and donated money. There is a difference between very well moderated and deleting opinions and putting the members down if you don't agree with their opinions. I don't want to get into a flame war I am over it I had my say on the issue thanks.

Also my critique wasn't with the charity itself. Yes the forum is definitely safer than Stuck in a Doorway that is for sure!

Thanks to Ashley. I wish there was someone as dedicated here in Australia to start a charity like OCD-UK.

I think you have to respect why comments are removed, they arent done lightly zippo.

If you have concerns into why , and it bothers you then speak to a moderator via the link at top of page, or pm ashley directly.

thats how the forums work zippo. and its not a belittling exercise , its done because its normally in the best interests of all that read the forums

pity the thread has gone off on a tangent. but not to worry

Well it's done with - back on topic! Thanks to Ashley and I will show my true thanks by donating some more money to help with the charity next payday.

No probs matey. onwards and upwards :original: