New

Guest *Gecko_Gal*

This site seems really good and am learning more about OCD.

It is and knowledge is very important so keep on learning so you can beat this bully.

I was diagnosed with OCD earlier this year by my GP, after seeing a psychiatrist the diagnosis was changed to anxiety with obsessional thinking but I feel that there is a great deal of overlap and a lot of my symptoms fit in with OCD itself.

I would say I've had this problem for about 10 years now and it has been progressively getting worse, hence why I went to see my GP. Have you seen anybody about your OCD and are you having any treatment?

Guest *Gecko_Gal*

I would say I've had OCD for a few years but it was only mild at 1st. It then started gradually getting worse. I went to see a GP and they suggested for me to undertake therapy. I'm currently on med which has helped a lot and started CBT 3 weeks ago.

Well done for going to see your GP, that initial first step is sometimes the hardest one but I'm glad the medication is helping and that you've started CBT. It sounds like you are well on your way to beating this so keep it up!

Guest *Gecko_Gal*

Thanks.

Hopefully will get there. Taking small steps at the mo. What does your OCD involve?

Mine is based on everything but mainly contamination etc.

Yep and small steps is the best way to approach it and before you know it you'll be seeing big improvements! :)

I think my obsessions vary but the ones that cause me the greatest anxiety are the ones which involve my health, I suffer from health anxiety which is closely related to OCD. I can obsess on all sorts of issues and it's like once that initial thought comes into my head it just snowballs out of control, I find it hard to let go of thoughts and sometimes I can be thinking about the same thing for months on end.