Hello everybody!

Guest Swedish

Guest Swedish

I moved from Sweden to England a while ago and suffer from OCD, so I thought I should sign up here. Looking forward to get to know you all and this forum.

Take care and have a lovely Sunday!

Guest Swedish
Hey, when did you move to england and how long have you had ocd? X

Hello :-)

I moved here about a year ago, my Husband is English. I think I have had OCD all my life. Had lots of rituals when I was little, but I was diagnosed in my early 20s when things started to get worse. I am now 35.

How long have you had OCD?

Guest Christian002

Hi and welcome, I haven't been on here long, but decided to search ocd last week as I was going through a really depressive time. I've suffered all my life too and now 31.

Hej

Welcome to the forums here.

I'm Sara and currently live in Notts but hope to move back towards the North East/North Yorks area this summer. I'm 38 and have had ocd for a long time too.

I went to Sweden a very long time ago in my teens and absolutely loved the place. I've always meant to go back but haven't made it there yet.

I'm glad you've found the forums here.

Sara :)

Guest Swedish
Hi and welcome, I haven't been on here long, but decided to search ocd last week as I was going through a really depressive time. I've suffered all my life too and now 31.

Thanks Christian and hello :original: I am going through a really depressive time too right now. Sorry to hear you have been suffering all your life. Do you get any help?

Guest Swedish
Hej

Welcome to the forums here.

I'm Sara and currently live in Notts but hope to move back towards the North East/North Yorks area this summer. I'm 38 and have had ocd for a long time too.

I went to Sweden a very long time ago in my teens and absolutely loved the place. I've always meant to go back but haven't made it there yet.

I'm glad you've found the forums here.

Sara :)

Hej Sara :original:

Thanks for your lovely welcome. Yes, Sweden is a nice country. I hope you will get the opportunity to go again. I do like the English people though, most I have met are very friendly and open. I don´t think us Swedish people are as sociable as you are ;-)

Guest Christian002

Hi, I've never really spoke in detail to the doctors about my rumination and persistent thoughts/strange rituals etc, so never been diagnosed with it. I've managed to live with it all my life, and only see the doctor when my panic attacks anxiety get bad. I know I must have ocd as I have all the signs, obsessions with objects being certain ways, even numbers, and sort of magical thinking, where I believe if I don't do a certain thing then I will cause something bad to happen. I constantly repeat things in my mind what I've spoken, and constantly do the same task, light switch on and off, kettle on and off etc. at the minute I'm on sertraline for depression/anxiety. Sorry to hear your going through a bad patch, do you take anything at all?

Edited by Christian002
Guest londongirly

@Swedish-

I've had ocd for maybe 8 years, I'm 19 now. Sometimes its unbearable sometimes its okay and I'm strong. Sorry to hear you (and christian) are suffering, I was there two weeks ago. Gave up, wanted to die and stuff. But I've felt better past couple of weeks, I've started praying again and its helped me I think because obviously as an ocd sufferer I like control, and feeling there's someone out there bigger than me and my ocd who'd help me makes me feel better. Also loads of research helped:) and refusing to analyse stuff :p x

Guest Swedish
Hi, I've never really spoke in detail to the doctors about my rumination and persistent thoughts/strange rituals etc, so never been diagnosed with it. I've managed to live with it all my life, and only see the doctor when my panic attacks anxiety get bad. I know I must have ocd as I have all the signs, obsessions with objects being certain ways, even numbers, and sort of magical thinking, where I believe if I don't do a certain thing then I will cause something bad to happen. I constantly repeat things in my mind what I've spoken, and constantly do the same task, light switch on and off, kettle on and off etc. at the minute I'm on sertraline for depression/anxiety. Sorry to hear your going through a bad patch, do you take anything at all?

Hi Christian,

Yes, definately sounds like OCD to me too. Is there a reason you have not mentioned it to the doctors? Have you ever had therapy?

Yeah, tough times right now. I used to be on Citalopram, but lately I have not been to the doctors and therefor don´t have any medicine. I find it very stressful going to the doctors surgery.

Guest Swedish
@Swedish-

I've had ocd for maybe 8 years, I'm 19 now. Sometimes its unbearable sometimes its okay and I'm strong. Sorry to hear you (and christian) are suffering, I was there two weeks ago. Gave up, wanted to die and stuff. But I've felt better past couple of weeks, I've started praying again and its helped me I think because obviously as an ocd sufferer I like control, and feeling there's someone out there bigger than me and my ocd who'd help me makes me feel better. Also loads of research helped:) and refusing to analyse stuff :p x

Yes, sometimes it feels unbearable. I read what you wrote about yourself in your introduction and it really made me sad. I am so glad you are feeling better now. X

Guest Christian002
Hi Christian,

Yes, definately sounds like OCD to me too. Is there a reason you have not mentioned it to the doctors? Have you ever had therapy?

Yeah, tough times right now. I used to be on Citalopram, but lately I have not been to the doctors and therefor don´t have any medicine. I find it very stressful going to the doctors surgery.

The reason I have not mentioned things before is because I find it embarrassing, because my symptoms are so bizzare. Infact they've never really never got me to the point where they are making me unhappy apart from recently. You mentioned in your previous post about there being support for you as you find it difficult going to the doctors, Well I;m sure there will be some sort of support but I;m not sure what. I can go in to my doctors tomorrow and make a general enquiry if you like, I will just say its on behalf of a friend. I can then let you know what there is available.

Guest Swedish
Ja verkligen!

I live in Sweden :) but there's not a lot of swedish ocd forums, so I like to hang out here haha.

Yeah, I used to be on Ananke, think it is called OCD-förbundet now. Not much action there, much better here :-)