Feel irrateted. And guilty

Guest brian36

Guest brian36

Hi again just on way to inlaws but in car sat in back with daughter she was excited talking a lot like to much, I felt guilty becuause I felt really irrateted by her my own daughter. Horrible thoughts of me loosing control going through my head. But at the moment I've seem to of forgotten it but i can see it in background like the guilt I,m a bad dad etc. do I see it as just anxiety going through my body or is it that I.m a stress head.

Hey Brian ;-)

Been through almost identical situation as you described. The only way to get through that is to learn to stop fearing the thoughts, dont engage with them as this gives them strength. Allow the thoughts to be there and try and distract yourself. gradually the anxiety will go down and the reality that the these thoughts and feelings are just ocd taking you for a ride will become clearer.

Good luck mate

Zee

Guest brian36

Ye your so right basically you just have to ride it out which I have. And feel quite upbeat. But make no mistake when in that zone it is horrible because you believe in the thoughts. Maybe I think before was just 1 of my anxiety attacks. Thanks for your reply.