Standing up to OCD bully

Guest Zee

Hi Friends

Just wanted to let you know that i am again overcoming ocd. What has really helped me is :-

Resisting engaging with the thoughts, having a deep understanding that the thoughts are ocd. This is very difficult at first but with practice you get stronger and better at doing this.

Standing up to ocd, refusing to be afraid of the thoughts - when ocd shouts at me, i shout back, i have even said "im not afraid of you, i dont care what you say, go to hell ocd" i have said worse than that but i cant say it on the forum, lol.

Accepting that i can never have 100% proof that what is ocd says isnt true - and being willing to accept this fact.

Getting on with my life despite the thoughts / feelings being there. Not trying to rid myself of the anxiety but rather developing attitude of not caring whether ocd is there or not. In other words paying it little or no attention and refusing to let it ruin my life.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Zee

You have to always be on the look out as ocd tries to get its grip - morning is the worst for me. But by not engaging with the thoughts and getting on with living the anxiety goes right down and you start getting stronger as ocd gets weaker.

Edited by Zee

Hi Zee

Nice to see a positive and successful post. I am trying so hard to fight my thoughts and enjoy my life but its tough.

Well done.

Edited by KevR