I was holding my friends baby at work and unfortunately he had a little accident on my. It was on my work trousers so I took them off in the loo and ran thenmunder water and rubbed a bit of hand soap into them. I dried them under the Hand dryer but they are still damp. I have to wear them for the next 5 hours at work. I need to be able to cope with things like this as I want to have my own baby but my anxiety levels are sky high. I am now worried the bottom of my desk will be dirty where I touch it with my trousers etc. I need to learn to cope what shall I do? I have been taught how to cope with 'fake' germs but this is real

Guest orange socks (2)

It won't hurt you mate. I used to work with children with autism and spent most of my working day covered in EVERY bodily excretion possible...... And trust me, I mean EVERY.

Nothing ever happened to me and most of the time it was hard to even get to wash your hands once life was so chaotic there.

Ocd worries over blow the likelihood of harm coming to you hun ..... Nothing will happen .... Promise :)

What were you taught mate....when coping with fake germs ? Just apply the same technique.... It's ocd thoughts that is the problem love , not a real threat from germs

Edited by orange socks (2)
Guest FobicFairy

Hi,

Wee is sterile when it first comes out so the fact that you rinsed them straight away means there were no germs to get on your desk.

It's not something that happens a lot when you have a baby, usually they are in their nappy and they are pretty leak proof. Even when your baby does pee on you its ok because its sterile and you can just put your clothes that are wet in the wash and wipe your skin with a slight damp cloth to remove any wee.

There is nothing to fear from you or your babies wee, it only really needs removing because it can smell, and in the case of the baby cause them to become sore. A quick swipe with a baby wet wipe and it's done.

You might find that once you have your baby you care about it so much the wee doesn't bother you, because your love could overcome your fears. I know its not the same, but when my OCD was severe I decided to get a pet and the first time it wee'd I was almost hysterical, but within a few months I loved her so much I was able to do a quick normal clean up, odd I know.

Just a tip for anyone that does have a wee situation, if the wee goes onto something that cant be washed and starts to smell make a mixture of look warm water (about half a bucket) and add 4 spoons of bicarbonate of soda. Give the area a scrub with a cloth, but if its something like a mattress then use a very wet cloth and let the solution soak in, it kills any nasty smells.

FF x