Miracle cure

Guest yinyang

Guest yinyang

This is something I commented on a previous post. I don't mean it to be negative or unhelpful, I just find it interesting. If you disagree then report it to the mods. No hard feelings :original:

If somebody offered you a magic pill right now that would completely rid you of OCD, would you take it?

Personally I would but as strange as it sounds, I would feel a little apprehensive.

I think many will jump at the chance but I also think some may not.

My theory is that it is OCD at play if you decide not to. Probably the fear of the unknown, especially if you have suffered for many years.

What are your thoughts?

I'm open to debate as always :p

:yinyang:

Edited by yinyang
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yinyang

Yep no side effects :original:

The reason I ask this is because I saw a programme the other day which asked suffers the same question. Strangely some people answered no, I found that interesting.

Guest legend

At the time of me standing on the edge of a cliff, with suicidal ideation, I would of definitely taken a pill that cured ocd

and im sure any person would take it if it would rid you of ocd

If you decided not to take it , then one would assume ocd is making you make that decision.

Guest yinyang

At the time of me standing on the edge of a cliff, with suicidal ideation, I would of definitely taken a pill that cured ocd

and im sure any person would take it if it would rid you of ocd

If you decided not to take it , then one would assume ocd is making you make that decision.

Pretty much case closed!

I don't suppose any other thoughts on the matter would be of much use

Guest Cackles

Some people have grown accustomed to black and white thinking and think they are being ultra reasonable and smart. They dont understand that their mind is clouded and not rational in this state. They literally have an autistic mind when they are trapped in black and white thinking.

For those who embrace the ying yang (symbol of anxiety/OCD IMO), these people would never take the pill because they are 'too deep' into it.. Or have brainwashed themselves for better words. Or they may be autistic which means they are only capable of thinking in black and white.

I think anyone with OCD should want to take the pill, if not, its either autism, or the OCD stopping you.

Guest yinyang

Oh dear I thought this might happen.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against me now cackles. Maybe that is my autism talking or perhaps I'm a paranoid schizophrenic?

Regardless I doubt this thread is going to be of much use to anybody now

Something that stopped me from thinking about killing my husband and family over and over? 4 great people who would move heaven and earth to see me well and happy again? To wake up each morning not thinking as though I am about to do the act I fear most?

I wouldn't hesitate. A few days of side effects for a life away from these thoughts seems incomparable :-)

FoosBoo88

Guest HateMyLife

If the side effects of the pill was to take everyone's OCD theme on here and give it to me for a year just get get rid of my OCD theme forever, I would still take the pill. Heck make it three years.

Guest Tricia

Unquestionably! I was recently asked this question, and I was amazed to learn that not everyone with OCD feels the same. The person asking me spoke of 'the devil you know'. She then asked whether I'd know what to do with myself, as most of my time, for the majority of my life, has been taken up with rituals. I immediately enthusiastically listed what I would do with my time, if free of OCD, and the list was very long!

P.S. I still recall the feeling when I broke free of OCD at the age of 12. There is nothing to compare with the elation, the wonderful sense of being free.

Edited by Tricia
Guest rebbieh

I don't know what I would do and now I feel really stupid and anxious for hesitating. Hmm. Reading about all of you who suffer an awful lot and would do anything to get rid of your OCD makes me question my own diagnosis (I'm not blaming you for the anxiety I experience right now). Perhaps it's incorrect.

Ok, this is all messing with my head (not this thread but life in general).

Guest legend

Oh dear I thought this might happen.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against me now cackles. Maybe that is my autism talking or perhaps I'm a paranoid schizophrenic?

Regardless I doubt this thread is going to be of much use to anybody now

if have concerns from other users then please get in touch with the moderators

Guest HateMyLife

I don't know what I would do and now I feel really stupid and anxious for hesitating. Hmm. Reading about all of you who suffer an awful lot and would do anything to get rid of your OCD makes me question my own diagnosis (I'm not blaming you for the anxiety I experience right now). Perhaps it's incorrect.

Ok, this is all messing with my head (not this thread but life in general).

I know I said I would take everyone's OCD theme/symptoms just to get rid of my symptoms. There was a time I thought about the magic pill question before this thread popped up and yes I hesitated about answering it, too.

If you think about it (and I hope this doesn't trigger your OCD so be a bit cautious when reading this next part) it is like a person who has been abused for most of their life. If you try to do something nice to that person, it seriously confuses them initially and they usually don't know what to do, how to react, etc. If you continue to be nice to that person for a long time (with no abuse involved whatsoever) the person is going to enjoy that life a heck of a lot more then when he/she was abused.

So don't let this one doubt about the magic pill intimidate you. Hesitation about this question is a lot more common than you think.

Guest rebbieh

I know I said I would take everyone's OCD theme/symptoms just to get rid of my symptoms. There was a time I thought about the magic pill question before this thread popped up and yes I hesitated about answering it, too.

If you think about it (and I hope this doesn't trigger your OCD so be a bit cautious when reading this next part) it is like a person who has been abused for most of their life. If you try to do something nice to that person, it seriously confuses them initially and they usually don't know what to do, how to react, etc. If you continue to be nice to that person for a long time (with no abuse involved whatsoever) the person is going to enjoy that life a heck of a lot more then when he/she was abused.

So don't let this one doubt about the magic pill intimidate you. Hesitation about this question is a lot more common than you think.

Ok, because right now I can't stop thinking things like "what if I really don't have OCD?", "what if I'm faking?", "what if I'm lying?", "what if I'm exaggerating?", "what if I'm making it all up?" etc, which is starting to freak me out (it's really not the first time this happens). I doubt everything today.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'll try to shut up now.

Guest legend

Ok, because right now I can't stop thinking things like "what if I really don't have OCD?", "what if I'm faking?", "what if I'm lying?", "what if I'm exaggerating?", "what if I'm making it all up?" etc, which is starting to freak me out (it's really not the first time this happens). I doubt everything today.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'll try to shut up now.

that's ocd at work rebbieh, so when you feel that horrid feeling that what if its not ocd, try to acknowledge it as ocd , and try to refocus onto something

else

Very common in ocd sufferers, hence "the doubting desease"

Guest rebbieh

that's ocd at work rebbieh, so when you feel that horrid feeling that what if its not ocd, try to acknowledge it as ocd , and try to refocus onto something

else

Very common in ocd sufferers, hence "the doubting desease"

How? I really don't know how and now I can't focus on anything else.

Guest Exemplary

This is something I commented on a previous post. I don't mean it to be negative or unhelpful, I just find it interesting. If you disagree then report it to the mods. No hard feelings :original:

If somebody offered you a magic pill right now that would completely rid you of OCD, would you take it?

Personally I would but as strange as it sounds, I would feel a little apprehensive.

My theory is that it is OCD at play if you decide not to. Probably the fear of the unknown, especially if you have suffered for many years.

What are your thoughts?

I would take it, simple as.

Alex

Guest jammin

i would give my last testical for a pill to stop me doing what i have done in the past an get rid of my ocd or what ever it may be, this is a honist awnser i realy would,

What are your thoughts?

I too would probably be apprehensive, but yes I'd definitely take it. I'd do anything to be free of this demon :(