Really worried that Risperidone or Fluoxetine has destroyed my sex drive permanently

Guest arctic_vixen80

Guest arctic_vixen80

I started taking Risperidone last year about maybe 4 months ago and I think that's when I noticed my sex drive and all feelings down there disappeared. At first it didn't worry me to much but sexual problems with my ex boyfriend started to make me worry. I started researching Risperidone on the internet and I came across other forums and in every forum I read lots of people were saying they had taken Risperidone and lost their sex drives and after they stop taking it, their sex drives never returned. I read one forum post where I guy believed his d2 receptors that inhibit prolactin were severely damaged as well as other nuerotransmitters in the brain due to taking Risperidone. I had a blood test and my prolactin levels are really high which apparently stops your sex drive or something. I'm really worried that I will never get my sex drive back. It was like the one of the only pleasures I still had left and now I'm completely numb down there.

I also read you can lose your sex drive from taking Fluoxetine. I think when I started taking Fluoxetine my sex drive was ok but I'm not entirely sure now. As far as I know it started when I took the Risperidone.

I already felt suicidal and losing my sex drive and all feelings down there has made me like there's just nothing left for me in life. Something I really wanted in life was to find a bloke who would be my soul mate, companion and best friend but now it feels like if I have no sex drive, I can't ever have that. Who'd wanna be with a women that can't have sex?

I have absolutely no idea about the effects on sex drive of those meds. But I know that lots of people lose their sex drive for various reasons and they can learn to get it back. Sex drive and desire are largely in the mind so it can definitely be worked on.

I also know that there's lots of lovely men out there who would be sensitive and happy to take it slowly until you felt ready for sex. Don't give up hope.

Guest arctic_vixen80

Thanks legalseagull. I'm seeing my psychiatrist on Tuesday and my Doctor is phoning me on Wednesday so I will talk to them about it. I just can't help worrying about it.

Hi Arctic.Sertraline reduces my sex drive when I take it but if I stop it comes back.I think the action of antidepressants are only temporary as long as you take them and make no permanent changes to your brain