Really struggling

My meds have been changed only 2 weeks ago and I'm suffering from depression and negative thoughts regarding my partners past. I love my boyfriend dearly and just within the last week these jealous feelings about his past have surfaced. I consider this my OCD taking another form of attack from the type I normally have to live with. I just want to not think about his past because he's the most precious thing to me :(

I too have obsessed about my partners past, especially anything to do with other women, the thought of him ever touching another woman made me feel sick! I still feel like that about it now, but refuse to obsess over it. It was ruining our relationship, and he is the most precious person to me (along with my children) in the world.

I found this very difficult to cope with, but it came to a point where it was effecting our relationship. I was pushing my husband further & further away. I had to stop it.

Trying to stop thinking about his past won't help, the more we try to stop thoughts the more they come, as you probably already know. I guess it's coming to the realisation he has a past just as much as you do, but the here & now is where you are together & the future.

:original: