Does OCD really end

Guest Johnny12341234

Guest Johnny12341234

I have a question

Different places say OCD can be terminated others say it can be terminated but not completely I wanna know if I'm ever gonna get rid of it for good

Each of us are different, so I don't think there is an answer to that question. I know people who say they are cured, which is great, but I feel I never will be. So I guess it's a question only you can answer for yourself.

One thing I know, it is possible to learn to cope better. I couldn't cope at all at one point, my OCD is severe, but I can still have a good life too.

Hope I made sense??

The current prevailing opinion in medicine is that OCD can be treated and well managed but not specifically cured. As PottyPotter notes there are some people who feel that they have been cured and for all any of is knows they may be. Keep in mind that even for those of us who haven't/can't reached the cured stage it doesn't mean OCD will prevent you from having a long fulfilling life, any more than someone with asthma or diabetes can.

I don't know if it can be permanently cured so to speak but treated no doubt and managed to a level where it's not so debilitating for sure that is a possibility.No doubt with the right treatment,support,right people behind you gradually this condition can be kept to fine control no doubt.Certainly not easy but certainly a strong possibility that's for sure :original: .

It all depends on the type and severity of the illness.Someone with relatively minor ritual compulsions who buys into therapy may be cured,others with various types of OCD that is well entrenched may struggle.

For many who undergo therapy and are able to build a map of how their OCD operates and a blueprint of how to tackle it, it becomes well-managed.

My own type breaks out in "episodes" which creates additional difficulties.