My Bedroom

this has been a very difficult problem for me for some time my bedroom.I know it's been cluttered up all due to OCD,there were times when I did make inroads but for a while now I've not felt like tackling the problem sadly.It's a bit strange in a way as I can get the optimism&confidence going especially when I'm out of the house but then I come home and I don't feel like doing anything about it.

It's not really like I get home in a sense and feel so down it's more I think my mood also and feeling I guess so tired,unmotivated&I know the struggle of tacking the problem due to the OCD&Anxiety.I've spoken to my Psychologist about this&of course my Dr&they said it's really my illness making me feel guilty thinking I should've done far more by now.

It's been a while since I've made such progress in there where I did get some things done in my room but for a while I haven't felt like tackling the problem.I get told to try&do a bit everyday but even that has seemed to be a fair bit of a struggle lately :weep::weep::weep: .

Edited by ACE

I experience the same - optimism and confidence when not actually around the clutter, but a change of heart when confronted with it. I try to work on it when I feel able. Some days I simply don't feel well enough or have the time. Try not to feel guilty, it won't help and you will face it when you can. What would be a simple job for some, without our condition, is a mammoth task for us!

Hi Ace,

I too feel like you,it could of been me writing what you have said, except i have a 3 bedroomed house to clear up,so i know how you feel,take note of what Tricia has said and try not to feel guilty,you have done it before and you will again when you feel able to xx

Guest arctic_vixen80

My room is a bit clutted. I hoard a bit but not to bad. I have things on the floor and I think I'll tidy them up today and then when I look at it, I just don't feel the motivation. I tidy in bits to try and make it a bit easier.

Thanx very much for all your replies I know I don't intend to have my room the way it is.I think the guilt has eaten me up quite a bit and made me feel pretty guilty&having my room in my parents house the way it is even though I don't like to have it the way it is.I have the optimism&confidence but so often I've struggled with the motivation,anxiety&OCD which is the toughest point of it all really :weep::weep::weep::weep: .