THE LINDEN METHOD

Guest Jamesp

Thanks Legend :)

There's a procedure for flagging up an app for their attention - perhaps on the basis that it recommends halting all medical contact. I feel this could be particularly dangerous for patients whose anxiety forms part of a larger condition - eg. BPD, or even something such as a thyroid problem. Cutting off GP contact could prevent such a person from receiving the right treatment.

Edited by gingerbreadgirl
Guest legend

When you go into the apps on itunes, the description is know different to what we already know !!

The "only" cure

an email i received from a "source" says

However, the Linden Method is neither 'recommended' nor 'endorsed' by NHS
Choices.

Edited by legend

I sincerely hope so - he has made another legal threat on amazon this morning. There is evidence of multiple legal threats having been made against individuals and charities who criticise the Linden Method. If I was thinking of investing in this product, I would be concerned about a mental health organisation behaving in this fashion.

When you go into the apps on itunes, the description is know different to what we already know !!

The "only" cure

an email i received from a "source" says

However, the Linden Method is neither 'recommended' nor 'endorsed' by NHS

Choices.

The whole email from the NHS has been posted in the amazon thread above. It makes for interesting reading. Charles however has so far not responded -in fact he is now refusing to respond to any of the fair and sensible questions put to him.

My Mother's phrases are always ringing in my ears these days

Beware your chickens tend to come home to roost

What goes round, comes round

These things tend to come back and bite you on the bum when you least expect it

You'll dig yourself deeper into that hole

Arrogance will be your downfall

Thou protesteth too much

Caramoole :whistling:

Guest paramoregirl

I was reading this thread with some interest as I have never heard of the linden method so I looked into it. Boy was I in for a shock. On the face of it the linden method looks life changing (as well as bank balance changing :D ). I thought maybe this is worth a go. But then I looked into it more and read lots of the responses on amazon and I was so shocked. The people were so aggressive when people said it didn't work for them. I was shocked.

Guest fiatver

I'm concerned about all the people who could be tempted into non-regulated forms of "treatment". I tried hypnosis when I was desperate for help and not only it didn't work, it made things worse. Anxiety can make people trusting and vulnerable and there are loads of treatments, promises and sometimes scams out there promising to get rid of all our problems in the blink of an eye and with no effort. I think it's very important that we reach people in need of help with their anxiety disorders and direct them towards evidence based therapies (CBT, ERP, ACT).

Edited by Caramoole

I totally agree. £100+ is a lot of money, especially for some people who suffer so severely that they are unable to work or need to claim benefits and so on.

I find it outrageous that when people dare to criticise his method he responds with hostile language and threats of legal action. I am following the Amazon thread with increasing disbelief. My only hope is that his language and tone allows vulnerable people to see the truth about this method and perhaps consider alternatives.

I am following the Amazon thread with increasing disbelief

Yes, it is incredulous, isn't it?

It wouldn't surprise me if eventually one of those contributors on that site became so angered that they take it a step further and this whole debate became much more public than what appeared to start simply as a dissatisfied Amazon review.

To someone who is simply an observer, this protracted defence looks set to potentially cause far, far more damage to the product than a simple negative review would. It's like a snowball hurtling down a mountain and at some point is likely to crash.

I have never heard of the Linden Method and still havn't looked it up,i won't be giving it a go though as it sounds terrible.

Can anyone tell me how i get to see what is being written about it on Amazon please x