Do you ever want to give up?

Guest Si.P

I have been struggling a lot recently with various things that my OCD effects. The main one is my work, I have been on and off work now for a year and have just been cut to half pay. I'm the only person working in my house hold, I have a wife and two year old daughter who rely on me and now I cant even pay the bills. I feel like **** because I cant provide for them but tomorrow I have my first CBT therapy session which is being paid for by the company but honestly I hold up little hope for it working. I had a horrible letter from my boss the other day saying about how I must be committed to this and I need to stand on my own two feet and interact with other colleagues in an acceptable manner. This has made me feel awful and really low. I have got to the point where I just want to give up and just let the OCD do whatever it wants because I don't have the energy to fight it. Its a silly question but does anyone else ever feel like this?

Guest OCDelighted

I can relate mate. I too am married with a little girl and when I feel like giving up I remember who it would ultimately impact on. I'm having more bad days than good at the moment but you have to keep going, it's a gruelling process and I know how tiring it can be but what's the alternative? Doesn't even bear thinking about. You need to focus on getting well if not for yourself for your family.

Approach CBT with a the attitude that you will beat this, you will get better and when the time is right you will get back to work.

Guest Nikki79

Hi my friend I feel your pain. I am struggling now too at the moment and have had years of starting and stopping jobs cos my ocd effected me. I hope sincerely its better for you and I do think cbt will help. I've had lots of good days with mine lately but having a bad spell now again. Recovery is possible we have seen people here do it and lead normal lives. We can do it too. God Bless you xx

Thanks for the reply its always good to know theres others who understand. My family is the only thing that keeps me going and I'm ashamed to admit they are probably all that keep me alive. I'm trying to be positive about the therapy but i just don't want to be disappointed.