My therapist asked me to ask people

So I saw my therapist today and he asked me to ask people if they would use a public toilet, Mainly to ask women cos they have to sit down. I have asked my family and most of them have said no or yes but I would not sit on the seat I would hover so really this has not been much help as most of them are as bad as me and the trouble is and I don`t know why but I can`t go unless I sit down so I have no choice if I use them. Would any of the ladies on here sit on a public toilet seat who have not contamination issues.

Absolutely yes and sit on the seat! (thats from someone who has recovered from contamination OCD and who couldn't even enter a public toilet a few years back).

Hi Joanne,i wish you all the best with the toilets,i just wanted to say that your posts and the replies have helped me also,as i avoid sitting down as well,but hopefully i will try as well! xx

Guest AnnieX

I have contamination issues, there is no way I would choose to sit on a public toilet seat. Having said that there have been circumstances where I have had to, this has caused major anxiety but no related issues. Find this post very helpful, as it shows me others find this acceptable .

Yes I sit on the seat in public toilets after giving it a wipe first. This is despite me having contamination issues and emetophobia and a terror of illness and germs in general. I wash my hands well but I figure I can sit down as the germs are not going to go up my bum!