Accidental exposure. - contamination

Guest AJ45

Today happened to walk along side some splats of blood. I wanted to go back and look to make sure I hadn't stepped in them - but didn't. So I've showered and I'm washing my clothes - but I haven't thrown them away. I'm amazed at how calm I am, and how calmly I've decided how to react.

However - The incident is whirring in my head and I'm rethinking to ensure its ok and hand washing. Which is why I'm writing this !

So is this because I'm dealing with things better or because medication is working ? I think I'm going with option B .

Guest lizinlondon

Try not to interact with the thoughts and images about the blood. And try not to mentally review what has happened since. Do something relaxing or enjoyable to take your mind off it.

Good to hear you're compulsing less, maybe it's time to distract yourself and take up a new hobby that will fully distract your mind away from the thoughts. Plus it's always fun to try something new anyway, and this might just help your meds along.

Well done!!! You have similar contamination fears to me. I'm terrified of blood and depending on how bad my anxiety is I would have gone back to check too.

Although you have performed some compulsions, you did super well not going back to check if you'd stepped in it. Now just try to not ruminate over it and try to stop the compulsions (there's no need to continue washing your hands!)

Well done and good luck :D

This morning I put two pairs of gloves in and disinfected my shoes . I didn't bin them which was on the agenda. Worn them all day - bit concerned but will be ok I think.

Blood - so scary.

Distraction is so needed.

Massive, massive steps there AJ45!!! Seriously well done! :clap:

You've reduced your compulsions significantly just by keeping your clothes and shoes. I don't know how many articles of clothing and pairs of shoes I've binned. I lost count some time ago.

Well done AJ you have done really well by not throwing away the clothes and shoes!

My main fear is faeces and I have been known to bin things if I feel I have any on me even walking past it is a nightmare!

Keep going the way you are and let us know as it gives us hope.

X