Twitter panic

I have this weird blurred image as an avatar on the me page of my twitter that I did not put there. I sent two reports to twitter help who sent me and email with general stuff on it but then said if my problem was not on the list to reply with more info but I' am scared to reply to the email in case it is not real. I also changed my password.

I changed my avatar and background which I left default before and the blurred picture has vanished and it looks nice ^^ my brother says he has had it before on his twitter. I like Twitter I don't want anything negative to ruin it.

Hi Phili, I'm so glad it seems you resolved the issue! I had that happen to me on a different site, Tumblr, my picture suddenly changed to some blurry shadowy picture and scared the life out of me! I thought someone had hacked my account haha but I did what you did and everything worked out.

It's good you've taken the precautions now and changed your password. I would just try and distract your mind with other things and if it's brought up just tell yourself that it's in the past and you don't need to think about it now. :original:

In the same situation I'd follow your lead and change my password. It's a good habit to get into anyway. At work some of our systems force password changes every 60 days. It's a pain at times but I see why.

I like twitter too. It's one of the few social media sites I've stayed using.

Hi Phili, this has happened to me before (though I forget where), I believe it's a technical blip but it still causes a massive sense of anxiety and a sense of "what the hell?" it shouldn't happen, but then, our brains shouldn't throw out these crazy thoughts either, and they do!

The way to think of it rationally is this, if someone was going to hack your account and change your picture, wouldn't they set it as something rude, vulgar or embarrassing? Why would they blur it? People who set out to offence wouldn't blur an image. Simple.

As the others have said, deep, slow, breaths, and find something to take your mind off of it. I spent a bit of time sketching last night. I learn I'm actually pretty good at sketching still objects! :D

FoosBoo88 x