I don't value my life anymore

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe self loathing is really a choice it just happens

I disagree. Depression may make you feel this way but your behaviour demonstrates that you aren't doing much to help the situation and yes, gradually you can change that

Bambi, pats on the back and platitudes don't work either. Regardless the emotional problems underneath, the person has to put one foot in front of the other and keep trying to change or nothing will happen. They can have the best therapist money can buy but it's up to the sufferer to do the work. Cold, harsh reality.

By doing what though? I got up today and thought to myself it's a nice day I'll go to the seaside so I did and when I got there I felt just as unhappy and came home,I don't enjoy anything I feel miserable all the time

You did a good thing then. That was a positive move. Look, how long did it take you to reach this state? I'm guessing years and years. It's going to take time for things to change for the positive.

It's a huge challenge in front of you. But I can guarantee if you keep treating your illness the same old way then you'll remain stuck.

Hi bambi,i agree with you and i think that you have put it across very well x

Hi bruces,it's not long now is it until you start your course,i hope that you will then start to feel better,well done for going out,try and keep it up x