Achievement thread

Thought I would make a new one as the last one got sidetracked.

Still doing my Glucose exposure

Took two paracetamols this morning for a headache. I had been avoiding this because I take the Sertraline but the pharmacist has said several times that it is save. I felt really sick after and was going to post about it and panic but sat and watched a Bob Hope film instead and it went off. I was going to delay taking my pills but I took them on time.

I was sitting on a chair. I was playing WWE Immortals on my IPAD on top of the chest freezer. The Sky man was in the living room fixing the sky with my brother. My brother was on the phone to his friend. The Sky man is very nice. They were all joking. I didn't want to give the sky man my cold so I sat in the kitchen with Anne. Anne was in the hall whining. My brother has put up a wooden gate to keep Anne in the hall and kitchen so she doesn't lick the sky man to death. Anne came into the kitchen and sat next to me. I was cuddling her and she was licking my arm and then I became very aware and uncomfortable and felt my anxiety rising. I thought, there feels like I am threatened, that there was someone in the kitchen, that I would pass out or be taken over.

I sent a partial image of myself to my most trusted friend as exposure for my fear of being seen. I am currently watching Judge Judy on TV and painting a Black and White photo.

When I lost my friend and I posted on here, everyone made me realize that it was my fault and so I apologized until she took me back XD

Edited by Phili

It's my day off but I had an important uni deadline.
Woke up, had breakfast, finished assignment and submitted it all before 9.30am
Went out with my parents and had a second breakfast :p
Christmas presents arrived and I've already wrapped them, now looking into buying more presents online.
Going out for a few hours this evening, seeing huge improvements since my time two weeks ago stuck on the sofa crying and shaking.
Doing normal things like leaving the house, doing chores and watching TV are enjoyable again :D

I became very aware and uncomfortable and felt my anxiety rising

This is one of the things the Psychologist will try to help you become aware of, how your thoughts feed the anxiety

Firstly, you noticed a sensation and felt your anxiety go up.....then the thoughts (reason) you gave to it were what escalated the anxiety.

I thought, there feels like I am threatened, that there was someone in the kitchen, that I would pass out or be taken over

If the psychologist were here right now, she would take you back into that area and help you as you feel that angst but gradually realise there is no threat.

Chin up Phili - and remember, the psychologist will have heard all this sort of thing before - don't be afraid to tell her.

Edited by taurean

No, but I didn't mind, fireworks have scared me since I was a kid and the animals didn't like the pops and needed comforting. I did get to see the pictures my brother took though.

Another achievement. Usually I hide very much but I just tweeted a picture of my X Factor snacks!

2 pieces of fudge

one square of toblarone

One penguin

Two Mikado

One French Fancy

2 Oreo's

2 squares of cadbury caramel

2 squares of caramac

That is all my snacks for tonight, though I usually don't finish them.

Since my meltdown a few weeks ago I've really struggled with being on my own. Tonight my boyfriend is out for the first time in months. I'm staying at my parents. And although I have been in good company all evening, I'm now in bed, on my own. I'm not crying, I'm not overthinking anything. I'm going to get a good nights sleep, and I'll see him tomorrow. Feeling like I've really turned a corner with how I am dealing with my thoughts and everything.

Week free from intrusive thoughts and rumination!!!!

Starting to get anxious as I am flying tomorrow. But I am determined to move on from this anxiety. I know anxiety before flying is completely normal, especially considering the recent attacks. Anxiety into controlling my life now, and I'm not going to let it creep back up on me. Got some tips from my councillor for dealing with my flight and looking forward to my holiday :D

• 5 weeks later...