Is this par for the course

I am currently almost 26 weeks pregnant and am coping relatively well with OCD at the moment yet I have this low lying anxiety like there is a problem or something doesn't feel quite right and like I need to get to the bottom of this 'feeling'.

The feeling seems to display to me that there is something dirty, guilty deep down and i should be certain it's nothing.

Hope this makes sense and I know what I mean but not sure I am wording it right.

Any ideas or suggestions pls. Is this just me or is this common in OCD?

Thanks in advance x

Hi Serenity,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and glad to hear that your OCD hasn't been too bad. Mine went bonkers until 20 weeks and then was fine for ages - I put it down to all the oxytocin whilst I was breast feeding! Rumblings of guilt, unease, sadness etc. don't need to be worked out. Sometimes we just have to co-exist alongside whatever craziness our hormones/body chemistry is up to. I would recommend that you simply note the feelings, but don't attempt to place any meaning at all on them - as you would if you had other types of annoying yet harmless feelings - pins and needles, indigestion, heartburn, etc. Just accept it as a feeling that happens to be there but that does not need any of your attention. And then get on with your day, I'm sure you have thousands of things to do to distract yourself with - which buggy to buy, what does my baby look like now, etc.

You could try some relaxation techniques - soothing music, a nice bath, whatever makes you feel good. Go for a nice walk and get some nice endorphins flowing!