Welcome to the new look forums

Site Feature

For those of us a little slow on the uptake (this includes me - I didn't notice this), both the previous and this version of the software have a nice nifty feature to go straight to the last unread post in a topic, especially helpful on mobiles. So if you are involved in a busy active topic, you don't have to scroll around looking for the last part of the post you were involved in, the software remembers it for you. 

To access simply click the little blue dot or star to the left of the topic title (see screenshot below).  I think the blue dot is for topics you have looked at but not posted, the blue star is for topics you have looked at and posted in.

Untitled-4.jpg

And on the mobile looks like this:

Screenshot_20160526-165842.jpg

Gemma kindly just reminded me to summarise (hopefully without confusing):

• To start from the beginning of thread click the thread title.
  • To start from the end of the thread click the 'last poster time'.
  • To go to your last unread place click the blue dot/star.

Sorry for the downtime.  I had to iron out a major bug, all fixed now though.    But as a result, I am truly sorry but anything posted in the last hour or so will have been lost I am afraid.

Mobile Skin Tip

Some of our users have had problems when using the mobile skin in not knowing how to remove a quote box.  Hopefully the screenshot below will help guide. 

Option One
Tap once on the quote box you wish to delete until you see the small cursor icon in the top left. With that showing, a single tap on your mobile keyboard 'back' button will remove the quote box.

Screenshot_20160528-024507.jpg

Option Two
Simply place your cursor directly underneath the quote box and simply press the 'back' button twice and it should remove the quote box.

How to easily copy a link to a particular post

Sometimes you may need to copy the link to a specific post (rather than the whole thread). The easy way to do this is by clicking the share icon in the top right of the post you wish to link to, then simply copy the displayed link from the pop up window.

Untitled-2.jpg

Share2.jpg

• Ashley unpinned this topic