Hey Look! Polar Bear is back!

Hey everyone!

My nearly three-month forced exile from the forum is now over. I won't go into the minute details but, suffice it to say, due to a legal matter I could not access the forums during that period. Thankfully that is now behind me and I can once again contribute on this very valuable forum.

While I was gone, I published the book I was working on for more than a year and a half. It's called Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD and it will prove to be a page turner for anyone interested in my story. There is a lot more to my OCD story than I have let on about on the forum in the past. I've also published a second book called The Little Book of OCD, which is a sort of primer about all things OCD. Both are available electronically from Amazon.

One fly in the ointment for me is that I will not be using the private message system for the time being. That's okay, because I don't like handing out advice privately. I prefer to answer questions on the forum, where they can help other people.

And what's this? A guy takes off for a bit, comes back and the whole world has changed! I haven't used the new forum set up yet so I'll reserve judgment but I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Man, am I glad to be back. See on the threads!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back PolarBear!

Good to see you.

You probably wont recognize me, but you did helped me out quite some times.

Your best advice that still is the most effective to me every day has been; to not pay serious attention to the thoughts.

To me that advise has helped me the most. even tough it seems such simple advise, is pretty darn hard to keep doing.

Great to see you again!

Polarbear, i just have one question.

Since i noticed that alot of your advice is based on not giving the thoughts any attention, and just letting them come and go. I was wondering what your opinion is regarding Meditation?

I looked up into it several times, and as far as i have understood meditation could be seen as sort of training the mind to let thoughts float by without judging them.

8 minutes ago, Ironborn said:

Polarbear, i just have one question.

Since i noticed that alot of your advice is based on not giving the thoughts any attention, and just letting them come and go. I was wondering what your opinion is regarding Meditation?

I looked up into it several times, and as far as i have understood meditation could be seen as sort of training the mind to let thoughts float by without judging them.

I am actually a big fan of relaxation, mindfulness, meditation. You are right. Done properly, any of these three exercises will teach you to let go of negative thoughts, just let them drift away on their own. The point is to be centered in the here and now and not let your brain get stuck on what ifs and the future.

Hey PB! Glad whatever caused the sabbatical has passed. I've just been to Amazon, bought your book and read the first three chapters. I'm hooked, gotta know what happens next. That the definition of a page-turner! :thumbup:

Congratulations on becoming published. :clapping:

Looking forward to reading the rest. 

Great to have you back. We missed ya. :yes:

I just downloaded the "Little Book"  Bear, I think it will be a great aid memoire for my helping others. 

Well done, you are an international author now if not before :worthy:

Welcome back polar bear!! I was actually worried when I hadn't seen you active for so long(and worrying wouldn't be like me ?). Your advice got me through some very dark days. Great to have you back and best of luck with your new books! Xx

I am enjoying "The Little Book Of OCD",  which meets my aspirations for a concise but detailed summary of the framework and manifestations of OCD :book:

I have been waiting for such a book to materialise. Well done PB :thankyousign: