The best news ever!

Just three weeks after writing a letter of complaint to the chief executive of my local trust, he has written back to me apologising and grovelling (well maybe!) and offering me 16 individual sessions of CBT "with a focus on Exposure and Response Prevention" as well as the group.

Guys all this took was one well thought out complaint letter. I'm over the moon!

Phil

Well done Phil!!! Congratulations and well done for being assertive which is an even harder thing to do when OCD is strong! Blummin brilliant! :)

Hi fellow OCD sufferers can I please just say a couple of things that will hopefully help you. Even if you feel as ill as I did try very hard to be assertive to whoever your main health professional is. I wrote to the chief executive of my Trust and did not expect a rapid response or a positive one but wow! Today a letter of apology and the offer of 16 sessions of CBT. Try and find that inner strength you still have even if you don't believe it's in you and write a letter to someone in authority not just chat to your GP. I made no threats about legal action (different issue than wrong prescription), I was polite but firm. They have the resources but just in MY opinion you have to write assertively and firmly.

ps stay away from those horrid benzos.......please