What type of psychologist should i pick for this racist problem?

Guest mc199

Guest mc199

What specialty/skills should a psychologist have for this personal problem i have below...

I'm a dark skin male and have this insane anger problem and resentment towards fair skin girls because i believe majority of them are racist and have no interest in dating me because of my skin color. When i see girls that are strangers in public i have intense anger episodes/blackouts that make me want to hurt them physically. This belief came from the many racist things i experience from fair skin girls (white/latin/asians) while comprehensively trying offline and online dating. I created an online dating profile of a black and white guy of equal attraction but the white guy got much better responses. Also i found alot of statistical case studies done online/offline that showed black guys were in bottom in the dating world.

Please i don't want to argue or make debate over if these girls are racist or not since i've already had this debate many times with many other people and only made me more frustrated. I just want to know what type of psychologist is best to treat this problem and what should their specialties/skills be.

Edited by mc199

With respect, I don't think you can exclude discussion about if they or you are racist or not if you are saying this is interweaved with your problem, which I assume you are saying is part of an OCD diagnosis?

If you believe this is OCD,  then you just need a mental health professional with experience in treating OCD (i.e. with CBT therapy), if you're in the UK then through the NHS you would be referred to a generic therapy team.

Has this been diagnosed as OCD?

Clearly, it's difficult to assess from a couple of paragraphs but what do you feel yourself?

It could be that you also have some issues with low-self esteem, anger, rejection alongside OCD, in which case it would help to discuss this with a psychologist generally so that you know if you're tackling a straightforward OCD problem or whether there are other issues that need working with as well :)