need some help   having a horrible day     went to see dr. and said i have vertigo    so i've been thinking of asking for reassurance from dr for so so many 

things related to the head    even when he reassures me my mind questions it    its like i forget what he has said or i don't think i explained it properly

please help         

I know PB you're right, I just can't seem to stop, the anxiety and fear my brain keep producing seems unbearable until i get an answer.  and then when

i do get an answer, i question if i made myself completely understood.  and of course after that a new fear pops up.  how can i stop the reassurance seeking

while i'm feeling the extreme anxiety?  

Edited by lilyflower
8 hours ago, PolarBear said:

My best advice is to get busy doing something else. Read. Watch an action movie. Clean out the cupboards. Go fir a walk. Anything to take your mind off this.

This. Refocusing is the key to overcoming the anxiety. I think the  better you are at tuning in on other activities while feeling anxious, the quicker the anxiety fades and when there's no anxiety, you no longer need to seek reassurance and you will no longer doubt if you really understood. I think you understand more than you think you do, it's just that your OCD and anxiety clouds your understanding because you're more focused on the uncomfortable feeling (anxiety) and  how to find a way to get rid of it temporarily (compulsions, seeking reassurance). And that feeling will only get stronger if you give in to the compulsions as you already know. 

Edited by onepunch