Do you think I have OCD?

Guest Eva

Ok so... I wrote this same thing for about an hour just a second ago, and when I clicked post... Well basically I have to write it all over again. So this time I'm writing it in a much simpler and possibly a bit annoyed tone, I'm very sorry if it sounds that way to whoever is reading this. (And I edited another post I posted by accident to be this same thing and it's just A MESS. Sorry!

Here it is, this time I'll remember to copy it all on my clipboard

I'm a 16 year old girl. I know none of you can diagnose me, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Here are some things I suffer from:

1. I don't know what to call this one...

When I was little, around 5, I used to throw toilet paper in the trash instead of the toilet because I didn't want to unbalance the pee in the toilet, because it was so perfect the way it was. It just made me uncomfortable to interrupt the perfection.

2. I'm sensitive

I squeal to touch, I CAN'T eat food with a foreign texture (I'm also allergic to everything fresh like fruits, veggies and nuts), I'm also mentally sensitive about things people say and my own thoughts.

3. Intruding thoughts

Like sexual thoughts of my family (especially father), sister's boyfriend, teachers, religiously taboo sexual and just inappropriate (such as making pacts and selling my soul to the devil or turning atheist on purpose)

4. Not trusting my self-control, or rather, my future self's self-control

Walking on a bridge, clutching my phone so I don't throw it away, (or my bag), being afraid of jumping in front of a car on a road or off a cliff, or pushing somebody else

5. Cleaning

I have a routine of 2 things:

- waiting for dirt to pile up

- feeling uncomfortable to the level of bursting, followed by massive cleanup of EVERYTHING, moving furniture to vacuum, showering, cleaning shower after showering, even washing soap sometimes (and if something is not spotless, I can't take it and clean everything all over again).

6. M&Ms

this is how I eat M&Ms:

- sort into groups by colour-code

- eat extra M&Ms in groups until groups are even

- eat GROUP BY GROUP or by eating 1 M&M from each group at a time so no group is unfinished or uneven

- (sometimes I even organize the groups into a row and freak out if anything is out of line

7. Social difficulty

I think of social interactions for days... weeks... months... even years sometimes. The interaction doesn't even have to be unsuccessful. I just have to be a part of it and it stresses me uncontrollable amounts. I'm scared of people, like one could be scared of a dark tunnel. "I don't know what could happen but I'm not going in there"

There might be some extra things on my list that I've forgotten to mention. If I remember something important, I'll let you know (:

(and if you need further explanation, I'll happily give it to anyone that asks, of course.

Thanks in advance!

Eva

Guest Piano 1

Hi I can't diagnose you and I can't say I can relate to any of those sides of OCD but from what I think you should get it checked out if its desturbing your life X I am also only 16 and before I was diagnosed with OCD I found it more difficult because I had no explanation for the reason I was doing what I was doing. I hope you read this and message me if you need to for any advice or just to talk to someone who is understanding and gets what you are going through because me as a 16 year old with OCD knows how's much of a struggle it is . 

• 3 months later...
Guest feelgoodKate

I'm sorry you're experiencing all those things! In my opinion the best thing you can do is go to your doctor and discuss these symptoms with them. That way you won't have to worry about whether you have OCD, instead, you'll be on your way to finding the proper diagnosis! Stay Strong!