Help, do I have OCD??

Guest Ali347

Guest Ali347

Hi I'm 16 years old and I've been dealing with whatever this is for over two years now if not longer. I know none of you can actually diagnose me but I'd like to hear some feedback.

i am very unorganised , and I don't exactly care if my room is a mess and I don't care about germs or washing myself repeatedly but I have a serious problem with performing rituals in my head or physically, for example; I blink and twitch my eyebrows, nose, shoulders, toes and feet (not all at once, those are just triggered areas) a certain amount of times (usually 15) to a certain rhythm until I get it "just right" but I have no clue what "the right way" is which is incredibly frustrating. 

Sometimes if I'm reading , a certain word or sentence will stand out for me (for no reason whatsoever) and I'll repeat it in my mind over and over again till I'm satisfied. 

I also have this certain noise that I make all the time , I can't describe it but it can be disguised. it kinda sounds like "hmm" and I know that sounds crazy I hate talking about this one in particular because it's the one I do most often and it's just plain weird but I always feel literally compelled to make that noise, sometimes in between sentences and people have pointed it out to me before which is so so embarrassing 

And lastly, this is something I'm becoming very worried about because it's quiet new for me and has only developed in the last few months, but when I get really angry or frustrated I feel the need to hurt myself and I get the urge to punch and hit myself in the face, and when I do give into these urges it's almost like relief. I'm not sure if that one is OCD related because I've never heard of it but it's a possibility I guess 

someone please give me some opinions or feedback, I would greatly appreciate it! 

• 1 month later...

Hi Ali,

A lot of this seems familiar.

I would say it sounds very much like OCD but the best way obviously would be to get a referal to see a CBT therapist who could sit with you & talk about it in depth.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you take a look on the main site here at OCD UK & look at the 'About OCD' section & read up on this disorder. After all, knowledge is power!

Kind regards,

Symps