thoughts and feelings

Still here worse infact. I just cant cope with these grional responses every hour or so. Trying so hard to fight this but i cant. Please can someone explain why this happens and does the grional responses ever stop?

The simple answer is that they continue happening because you pay attention to them. You likely freak out every time you get them and ruminate over what they mean.

Stop paying attention to them and you'll stop noticing them.

8 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Stop paying attention to them and you'll stop noticing them.

Polarbear is right, but that of course is easier said than done.

Something I have come to notice on the forum with people with this type of OCD is there generally (not always) seems to be something of a lack of understanding about OCD. I think to defeat any opponent you have to understand that opponent.

So understanding OCD and how CBT works will give you the answer on why you are getting groinal responses so frequently. It is the exact same reason I used to 'feel' contaminated every hour or so.

Spend some time to understand OCD and CBT, start with Break free from OCD.  Understand the basics and principles and you will find it much easier to understand what's going on in your case.

But yes, just like I stopped feeling contaminated in time you will stop having the same response to perfectly normal body urges.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

You have primitive part of your brain which only "thinks" in terms of fight or flight. It gives you a signal, you get anxiety because this "signal is not a kind one".

You react to it and therefore confirm it and it creates a pathway. The body is lazy and doesn't waste energy. But this certain thought seems to be important so the body "cares". The most important is survival. And avoid dangerous things is a great way to keep you alive-survival. This part of the brain don't really cares about your well being, only about you survival

I have no knowledge in groinal responses (google says HOCD). But the brain works the same in all kinds of ocd and you do yourself a great favour if you see all this kinds of things in terms of actions and responses

Edited by OCDhavenobrain