Problems With Software On Mobile

1. Normally quoting is easy, and quoting just part of a post still easy on my android by pressing down at the beginning of the piece, until two round pointers appear, then stretching them over the text, highlighting it. Then touching within the highlighted area brings up a quote this flag, touching that shifts the text into a new post. 

Well, the quote flag isn't coming up, and the highlight goes out, when I touch :headslap:

2. The software for uploading media ( a privilege made available only to OCD-UK members), appears to have been changed. It was brilliant before - I simply clicked on that, then "images"  from the locations listed, then picked the photo from the image library, including from any recent photos, and it uploaded - wonderful, simple. 

The changed method is retrograde, goes straight to showing a vertical strip of pictures, which I don't like, and only shows a number of images and not any recent ones. 

Could the software be switched back to what it was before, which really was brilliant?  

Edited by taurean
Corrections
On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 20:20, taurean said:

Could the software be switched back to what it was before, which really was brilliant?  

Come on Roy, I can't just switch the software back for one user :a1_cheesygrin:   Anyway, the software change midweek was a security upgrade.

But moving on, I can't do much to test if there is a bug without knowing which browser you're using.   That said..

Well, the quote flag isn't coming up, and the highlight goes out

I just tested on my phone using Chrome on Andorid and the quote button does come up on my phone.

The software for uploading media

I did change the allowances this week, a lot of images being posted were turning us more into Instagram than a discussion forum. But I only changed the allowance per image, nothing else. I tested this on my phone too and works fine.  What you're describing with the way images are presented sounds like a device function, not a forum function.

It was Chrome and Opera Mini on Android 4.4.4.The highlight throws up  copy or share options at top of screen, inviting me to tap them, but tapping in the highlight, which should throw up the "quote this"  tag, isn't doing so and just removes the highlight and the other options.

Re importing images,there has been a big change - maybe the security settings shifted something big because it is working completely differently to how it was. 

Previously hit the button and it gave you a range of apps to import from and I would select "images",  they would show as normal, and I would just click on the one wanted and it would upload. 

Now it gives "insert existing attachment"  option and only seems to offer me to pick from pics I have previously uploaded, or in my gallery, not new material in the image library :(

As a matter of interest what did you change the data cap per image to? 

Edited by taurean
Clarification

Just had another go re the quoting. 

If I tap, and highlight one word, the quote this flag pops up. If I tap and hold to bring up the two roundels, and drag them to highlight the exerpt I want to quote and then tap, the quote this flag does not appear, but it was doing before. 

Hi Ashley. 

I just tried to highlight and then quote in my "Tesco Mobile"  browser (whatever that is) , and the quote this flag came up correctly :confused1:

Re the photos, same situation as I reported showing on that browser. I think when I looked it was so on my laptop too,  but I will check again in the morning. 

Maybe fair comment if I was uploading more pictures than you are comfortable with (and I am not aware of anyone else who has recently been uploading pictures) hold my hand up on that, but you did say originally that you would set a reasonable data cap per thread not per picture - and restrict medium uploading to OCD-UK members only, and I liked that and said so. 

21 hours ago, taurean said:

Re importing images,there has been a big change - maybe the security settings shifted something big because it is working completely differently to how it was. 

Previously hit the button and it gave you a range of apps to import from and I would select "images",  they would show as normal, and I would just click on the one wanted and it would upload. 

Now it gives "insert existing attachment"  option and only seems to offer me to pick from pics I have previously uploaded, or in my gallery, not new material in the image library :(

Hi Ashley,

I am on the laptop in Chrome which is allowing the quote to work properly from there - so its  the chrome and Opera mini browsers in the android phone that won't let the quote flag pop up in a post. Tesco mobile browser in the phone does work correctly re the quote flag. 

Re the images,  in the ;laptop exactly the same different software interface  is showing as kin the phone . In sert other media, click, insert existing attachment, then it gives you the option of one of the pictures it displays (5 pages) that have already been uploaded to a post - or an image from the gallery 

This appears to be a  very different  look of software interface to what was working earlier last week from the mobile (I haven't sought to upload from the laptop for a while). On the phone, clicking upload media took me to a list of apps, I clicked on Images, then all the images in the image library from the phone could be clicked on to upload, including new ones.

Essentially thereefore, as it stands in the new set-up, I can only upload a picture if I upload it to my  gallery from the phone, then use insert other media, select gallery, and choose it from there. :( 

I take you point on picture uploads not the main purpose of the forum and will respect that and agree. But the previous interface was easy and the now one is a big hurdle.